Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep calm and Study hard- Year 10 gyg Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Is it interesting? I’m doing it Jan-March this year if we finish the Cold War on time!
    yeahh it is interesting but idk if it’s as interesting as the other topics
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.N123)
    Np!
    We're currently doing Renaissance medicine and have an assessment next week....yay

Topics we're doing:
    Medieval medicine(done)
    Renaissance medicine(done)
    18th and 19th century
    modern medicine
    british sector western front
    and i think weimer Germany
    aha we’ve done the same order! Good luck with medicine, it gets more interesting as you get into the present day (more links to biology when you learn about Crick and DNA) and good luck with your assessment! Let me know if you need any help with any of those topics (I did them all last year)

ReputationRep:

Saturday 11th November 2017!

As today is Saturday, i want to do as many things as possible!

To do list:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Chemistry notes
    Physics notes
    Maths hw
    Biology hw
    Go for a jog(probs not going to happen lol)
    Flashcards
    TSR(obvs going to happen!)

I'll start studying at 12:15 and when i have my breaks i will post pics of my revision etc! First up is Chemistry notes yay!!!!!!

Also wanted to post a pic of my to do list note book! Its floral (obviouslyyy!) and i just write things i need to do in priority order! As you can see TSR is number 8...dont worry its only last because im always going to update it! Thats one thing already done yay!
    Name:  IMG-20171111-WA0000.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  221.5 KB Also sorry for the gigantic picture...i definitely underestimated my phone lmao

I'll post my revision notes etc all in the evening instead of every hour!!!!
    See ya!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Thats nice! I was going to pick geography instead of drama but i didnt want the pressure of all 3 humanitites! And i love drama!
    I would have loved to pick drama but we only have one drama teacher in our school and he is TERRIBLE - which is why only 4 of 185 pupils in my year do drama!!

ReputationRep:
    Np! YAY lets go to Cambridge! We can bring cloudbubbles and streetduded 28 along with us obvs.Cambridge squaddd!!!!:five::five::five:

I honestly dont know why i love physics! I think its the calculations- to me its not too mathsy its more rearranging formulas etc which i enjoy!
    yesssss entry 2021 here we come hahaaaa

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread i will be watching this closely
    i also started a GYG thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreaming9s)
    Nice thread i will be watching this closely
    i also started a GYG thread
    Thank You! I will definitely follow yours too!

ReputationRep:

I have finally finished most of the things on my to do list!

To do list!:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Chemistry notes(completed!)
    Physics notes(completed!)
    Maths hw(completed!)
    biology hw(completed!)
    go for a jog(not completed...)
    flashcards(completed)
    TSR!!!!!!(obviously completed!)

Chemistry notes
    well, today my chemistry notes was on ionic bonding! I love ionic bonding as its pretty simple to understand compared to covalent bonding(need to do notes on that too!) Eventhough it took me ages to draw the diagrams, i still completed it within an hour and a bit! This term, our chemistry teacher is suprising us with a chemistry test so im making sure i fully understand the concepts and topics so im prepared for that day!
    Name:  IMG-20171111-WA0002.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  213.5 KB

Physics notes
    Today, my physics notes focused on a new chapter on energy resources. My notes mainly consisted of information about nuclear power, biofuels and energy demands! I even successfully drew a circle with a compass for once! (i cant work with those things lol). It took me a very, very long timeto write my physics notes compared to chemistry which took only an hour despite it being double sided! The flashcards even took longer! But since i adore physics it was not as painful as doing something like french notes.

Attachment 702946

Maths homework
    Maths homework was on dreaded mathswatch. I completed around half of it on Thursday but since my laptop also hates mathswatch it crashed so i couldn't continue it. So today was just me carrying on with that! The homework was very easy and was on significant figures etc. Our maths teacher has decided to set homework on mathswatch EVERY WEEK which im very excited for (not)

Biology homework
    Just had to draw a graph on the experiment we did yesterday which was on Ph of a solution and the time taken to break down amylase. Apparently next week we're dissecting a frog and i cant wait!

Jogging
    Didn't go for that jog. Im quite disappointed as this year i really want to make sure i have a balance between things!
    Shout out to mez_merising, cloudbubbles and streetdude28 for having the time and dedication to do some sort of sport or exercise. Any tips?
    Reasons why i didn't go for a jog(which are invalid and rubbish excuses)
    1) time went too fast
    2)i kinda forgot....
    3)it was freezing outside(thats not an excuse)

Flashcards
    Completed for physics and chem! YAY!

PROUDCTIVITY: 9/10

So overall i had a productive Saturday which im very pleased with! Now im going to have an intense monopoly battle with my younger sis! We are both very competitve people so i cant wait to beat her! Wish me luck!
    Hope you all have a nice evening!
    Much love,
    A.N xxxxxx

(btw i have no clue why my physics pic is at the bottom soz!)

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hahah, as much sport i do i still find myself super unfit lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    hahah, as much sport i do i still find myself super unfit lmaoo
    Loolllllll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    yeah! it would be really cool!!
    but medicine is such a competitive course, let alone medicine at cambridge :0

have you done forces and motion in physics? (if you do aqa?)

can you give me some tips for that?
    I havent done forces and motion yet sorry! But when i do you'll be the first i'll get to

ReputationRep:
    I havent done forces and motion yet sorry! But when i do you'll be the first i'll get to
    ok

ReputationRep:

Biology homework
    Just had to draw a graph on the experiment we did yesterday which was on Ph of a solution and the time taken to break down amylase. Apparently next week we're dissecting a frog and i cant wait!

Jogging
    Didn't go for that jog. Im quite disappointed as this year i really want to make sure i have a balance between things!
    Shout out to mez_merising, cloudbubbles and streetdude28 for having the time and dedication to do some sort of sport or exercise. Any tips?
    Reasons why i didn't go for a jog(which are invalid and rubbish excuses)
    1) time went too fast
    2)i kinda forgot....
    3)it was freezing outside(thats not an excuse)

I'm jealous! My school are budget so in 4+ years we've only dissected chicken breast (from Sainsbury 's!) And a lambs heart. Just realised I sound like I love dead stuff. I don't, I just like biology but we "don't have time for experiments"
    Also with sport just promise yourself you'll do something you like after it. (E.g: if I go to the gym I'll watch Netflix whilst doing whatever and promise myself a twix after) I love how I say this when I've not been to the gym since September

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous! My school are budget so in 4+ years we've only dissected chicken breast (from Sainsbury 's!) And a lambs heart. Just realised I sound like I love dead stuff. I don't, I just like biology but we "don't have time for experiments"
    Also with sport just promise yourself you'll do something you like after it. (E.g: if I go to the gym I'll watch Netflix whilst doing whatever and promise myself a twix after) I love how I say this when I've not been to the gym since September
    Hahahaha its ok i think most school's are on a budget! You never know they might be lying to us! When we were learning about diffusion our bio teacher used this really strong horrible smelling perfume, little did we know it was poundland perfume lol.

Also thanks for the tips on sport! I'll definitely try it out! I haven't been jogging or to the gym since LAST EASTER so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear haha!
    ive dissected a lung and a heart (pretty sure they weren’t human? they looked human but they’re probably not) so far in year 10, but before this year we haven’t really dissected anything!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear haha!
    ive dissected a lung and a heart (pretty sure they weren’t human? they looked human but they’re probably not) so far in year 10, but before this year we haven’t really dissected anything!
    Thats so cool! Are you feeling a bit better now?

ReputationRep:
    oh dear haha!
    whaat! we've only dissected a measly chicken wing to see how tendons work!

ReputationRep:
    Thats so cool! Are you feeling a bit better now?
    a little bit!
    i’m just really tired this morning but i should be fine as the days go on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    whaat! we've only dissected a measly chicken wing to see how tendons work!
    hahahahah oh no!
    yeah we dissected to see the different parts
    it was so cool!
    they’re really slimey though...

ReputationRep:
    hahahahah oh no!
    yeah we dissected to see the different parts
    it was so cool!
    they’re really slimey though...
    The only time i dissected a chicken was last year in food tech where we all destroyed our chickens by ripping them apart!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.