Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been performing and dancing ever since I can remember so wanted to study performing arts at college as a BTEC but dropped out as I didn’t really get along with anyone on my course and I feel like I was getting bored of it because I’d been doing it for so long. Felt like it was more of a hobbie rather than a career.
    I’m now studying health and social care and re taking my GCSE biology hoping to become a midwife as a change. This is where I’m stuck because recently, I’ve been thinking about how much I regret dropping out of my performing arts course and thinking actually how good I was (not to blow my own trumpet or anything but I’m fairly decent and have had a lot of training) I feel like I’m not really going to get anywhere with the course I’m doing now as that means having to pass biology which i feel is not really ever going to happen!!
    I was thinking about finishing this course I’m doing at the moment so I have something to lean on in the future if needs be but then when I apply for uni, going for a performing college? But obviously if it’s grades they’re looking for then it wouldn’t be any good cause I dropped the course 😕 if it’s experience they’re looking for and ability then hopefully I’ll be fine.

Hope someone can give me some advice, really need it as my heads been running round in circles recently about it!!

Thanks! 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.