Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was driving out of a supermarket car park and noticed two police officers walking into the store, because I saw them I was concentrating on driving slowly and carefully and this made me quite anxious and anyway I failed to notice the zebra crossing. The two police officers started to cross the crossing and I failed to stop, but did as soon as I noticed what I did. They asked me to open my window and I apologised for my error... they didn't take any of my details at all and just said "be careful cos that could have been an old lady" and let me get on with my night. Can I expect that they've taken my registration and that I'll get a caution through the post? I don't believe they were on duty, but I'm just worried now that they've taken my reg...can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawms7)
    I was driving out of a supermarket car park and noticed two police officers walking into the store, because I saw them I was concentrating on driving slowly and carefully and this made me quite anxious and anyway I failed to notice the zebra crossing. The two police officers started to cross the crossing and I failed to stop, but did as soon as I noticed what I did. They asked me to open my window and I apologised for my error... they didn't take any of my details at all and just said "be careful cos that could have been an old lady" and let me get on with my night. Can I expect that they've taken my registration and that I'll get a caution through the post? I don't believe they were on duty, but I'm just worried now that they've taken my reg...can anyone help?
    By the sounds of it, I doubt it. You made a small, simple mistake and they advised you to be extra careful in future. I'm sure it will be fine.

But try not to run over old ladies on zebra crossings in the future!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they will care enough to do anything, since you didn't actually do anything anyway. I would say a chat like that is more helpful and they are people as well, who won't take every tiny thing seriously.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by rawms7)
    There is nothing to worry about. You will not get a caution through the post as its a formal procedure where they offer it you and you have the chance to refuse. They saved themselves the paperwork.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.