Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We've only just started picking our GCSEs at my school and I REALLY want to do art for one of mine, but I keep hearing a lot of things about art GCSE being really hard. So, for all of you that have done art as a GCSE subject, is it really as hard as people say it is?
    • Welcome Squad

as long as you keep up with your school's internal deadlines and the course workload it's fine, people generally say it's hard because of the sheer amount of time it consumes

ReputationRep:
    Art GCSE isn't hard per say ,but its more the workload. If you space out your work and make sure you are doing a steady amount you should be fine, it becomes hard when you leave it all to the last minute. Id also say make sure that when you do a piece of work you complete it to a standard you are pleased with; this saves time down the road for if you want to re-do anything. In my experience its better to spend a lot more time rn making something you are content with and to the level you want than to rush later on making a better version later as i spent the last two weeks before the absolute final deadline redoing things. Also Id recommend for your exam you do two pages a week, as if your exam folder is approximately 12 weeks long, by the end of it you'll have 24 solid pages of work. If you spend your lessons solidly working you'll be fine. Also I've completed art gcse (I got an A*) and if you need any help or any questions you want to ask feel free to pm me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmoFox)
    We've only just started picking our GCSEs at my school and I REALLY want to do art for one of mine, but I keep hearing a lot of things about art GCSE being really hard. So, for all of you that have done art as a GCSE subject, is it really as hard as people say it is?
    I would say it is work load. I think that people found it daunting because (I don't know about you) but for me we had 6 hour exams.
    I would just say it's the work load, from what I can remember we had quite a few projects which we did over the two years.
    I didn't find it particularly hard though, I did have a tendency to mess around by going to the back room and spending an hour with the hairdryer drying my work cos I couldn't be bothered doing anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.