Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is an extremely stressful situation as it is affecting my final year and potential graduation.

I started University in 2014, where I applied for SF and was funded for for the first 2 years of my degree. I decided to alter my course and extend it to a 4 year course as I received a 1 year work placement offer.

I therefore didn't receive any SF during that work placement year. I have now returned for my 4th and final year to University, therefore I have reapplied for SF for this academic year.

The problem is, I have used a P45 for financial year 15/16 for my dad's income, however I have had to enter it as he is difficult to contact and has very limited English capability, therefore I am speaking to a counciler about it.

The income provided on my dad's part has turned out to be incorrect and my University welfare officer has told me I won't receive any student finance for this year and may potentially have to return any money already loaned for my studies?

This is an extremely stressful situation, as my University's welfare officer is helping me with the next steps to appeal, however I don't know how long this will take to rectify, as I need to pay for my final year or I risk losing access to my University's facilities.

I am a high attaining student and i just want to be able to graduate this year, as I am now incredibly stressed that I may have lost 3 years of hard work. The incorrect income information for my dad's part came as a result due to the very limited contact and how unhelpful he can be with regards to these sorts of things, whereas my mother provided everything as soon as she was asked.

I really want to be able to resolve this without jeopardising all of my hardwork the past 3 years. The University is currently asking me to pay soon, however due to the accidental error in my SFE application, I am currently unable to receive the funding for my final year unless I can successfully appeal.

I really need support and I am ready to provide anything that is necessary and possible to resolve this as I have been incredibly stressed this past week.

Thank you.

Christine.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    This is an extremely stressful situation as it is affecting my final year and potential graduation.

I started University in 2014, where I applied for SF and was funded for for the first 2 years of my degree. I decided to alter my course and extend it to a 4 year course as I received a 1 year work placement offer.

I therefore didn't receive any SF during that work placement year. I have now returned for my 4th and final year to University, therefore I have reapplied for SF for this academic year.

The problem is, I have used a P45 for financial year 15/16 for my dad's income, however I have had to enter it as he is difficult to contact and has very limited English capability, therefore I am speaking to a counciler about it.

The income provided on my dad's part has turned out to be incorrect and my University welfare officer has told me I won't receive any student finance for this year and may potentially have to return any money already loaned for my studies?

This is an extremely stressful situation, as my University's welfare officer is helping me with the next steps to appeal, however I don't know how long this will take to rectify, as I need to pay for my final year or I risk losing access to my University's facilities.

I am a high attaining student and i just want to be able to graduate this year, as I am now incredibly stressed that I may have lost 3 years of hard work. The incorrect income information for my dad's part came as a result due to the very limited contact and how unhelpful he can be with regards to these sorts of things, whereas my mother provided everything as soon as she was asked.

I really want to be able to resolve this without jeopardising all of my hardwork the past 3 years. The University is currently asking me to pay soon, however due to the accidental error in my SFE application, I am currently unable to receive the funding for my final year unless I can successfully appeal.

I really need support and I am ready to provide anything that is necessary and possible to resolve this as I have been incredibly stressed this past week.

Thank you.

Christine.

Hi Christine,

To give me a better understanding, let me ask you a few questions.

To assess academic year 2017/2018, the current academic year, we look at the household income for the tax year 2015/2016, are you telling me that you entered the wrong figures for that year online or has your household income fallen since that tax year.

Secondly is it only your dad that supports your application ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

Thank you for your reply.

I have entered incorrect figures which don't match up with HMRC which is why I still have not received any funding. I have all the documents from my dad which are P60s, P45s and payslips. I believe the most likely document I used was his P45 which was for 16/17, which he gave me permission to enter as he is unable to understand the actual form due to his poor English. I used the 16/17 one as we don't have his 15/16 income information, although we believe it is unlikely to have changed much.

My mother also supports my application, however all of her information is correct. It is only my dad's side which has caused problems.

Due to HMRC not matching with what I have put, I am now in a difficult situation, although I have got the original documents from where I got the figure that I put in my SFE application.

What do you think I should do? I also have a meeting with me welfare advisor tomorrow.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Christine.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    Hi Rona,

Thank you for your reply.

I have entered incorrect figures which don't match up with HMRC which is why I still have not received any funding. I have all the documents from my dad which are P60s, P45s and payslips. I believe the most likely document I used was his P45 which was for 16/17, which he gave me permission to enter as he is unable to understand the actual form due to his poor English. I used the 16/17 one as we don't have his 15/16 income information, although we believe it is unlikely to have changed much.

My mother also supports my application, however all of her information is correct. It is only my dad's side which has caused problems.

Due to HMRC not matching with what I have put, I am now in a difficult situation, although I have got the original documents from where I got the figure that I put in my SFE application.

What do you think I should do? I also have a meeting with me welfare advisor tomorrow.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Christine.
    Hi xSkyFire,

To update the correct financial details all that we would need you to do is send in a copy of your dads P60 for the tax year 15/16, he can get a copy of this from HMRC if he doesn't already have this.

Thanks

Catherine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.