Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Could someone please list universities in England which offer a foundation science year which could then lead on to an optometry/orthoptics degree
    Thanks in advance x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sweetheart<3)
    Hi,
    Could someone please list universities in England which offer a foundation science year which could then lead on to an optometry/orthoptics degree
    Thanks in advance x
    cardiff offers one, i m struggling to find others that are just foundation years for optometry there are many health profession foundation years available, they could be an option perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    cardiff offers one, i m struggling to find others that are just foundation years for optometry there are many health profession foundation years available, they could be an option perhaps.
    Yeah, I don't mean specific to optometry. Do you know any general science/healthcare foundation years which could lead to an optometry degree? Thank you
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah, I don't mean specific to optometry. Do you know any general science/healthcare foundation years which could lead to an optometry degree? Thank you
    If you look up health profession foundation years it should bring up a few options for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you look up health profession foundation years it should bring up a few options for you
    I know Manchester, Aston and Bradford offer science foundation years which lead to optometry but I just wanted to make sure it was right.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know Manchester, Aston and Bradford offer science foundation years which lead to optometry but I just wanted to make sure it was right.
    As long as they mention directly that profession onto optometry is an option you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying applied medical sciences foundation degree at Ulster university that is accepted onto Optometry.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance x
    Hi,
    I am an optometry student at Plymouth. There's a few people on my course who have done foundation year biology with Plymouth University and then have progressed/transferred onto Optometry first year. Might be worth emailing the optometry department at Plymouth to find out more.

ReputationRep:
    Could you give a link for the manchester foundation year please, im not sure which one it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Could you give a link for the manchester foundation year please, im not sure which one it is
    Sorry for the late reply. Manchester did offer a foundation year in previous years called 'Life Sciences with a foundation year' which offered progression onto Optometry. However, that course has now been changed to 'Biosciences with a foundation year' and as far as I know no longer allows one to progress onto Optometry.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.