Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a 6 seater Renault traffic and it comes under a van, I was on a single country road and believe my speed limit is 50mph although the road limit is 60mph. My question is can a mobile van camera know I was over the limit for my vehicle i.e. Doing 55mph or does it only pick up on being over the road speed limit and that was 60mph.

ReputationRep:
    the van cameras are operated by people who know the speed limits for the different vehicle types, so they are capable of issuing tickets where the vehicle is exceeding the limit for vehicles of it's type when that's lower than the signposted speed limit for that section of road.

if the van speedo was reading 55 you're probably safe though cos the speedos read slightly high and the police don't usually prosecute for being very slightly over the limit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.