The Student Room Group

Providing evidence for disabled persons tax credit

I am in 3rd year of BSc, previous years I have got SSG as I have disability. I qualify as am in receipt of disabled persons tax credit, however you won’t accept evidence from HMRC/Tax Credit Office you have stated it needs to come from DWP or jobcebtre plus. This isn’t where disabled persons tax credit comes from so they can’t give it!! DWP havevtold me that TCO is part of DWP and so Tax Credit award notice should be sufficient... help please I am going round in circles!!!
Original post by Larissagidney
I am in 3rd year of BSc, previous years I have got SSG as I have disability. I qualify as am in receipt of disabled persons tax credit, however you won’t accept evidence from HMRC/Tax Credit Office you have stated it needs to come from DWP or jobcebtre plus. This isn’t where disabled persons tax credit comes from so they can’t give it!! DWP havevtold me that TCO is part of DWP and so Tax Credit award notice should be sufficient... help please I am going round in circles!!!

They way to do this is to get a letter from the DWP confirming they are unable to give any information as it is not the responsibility of the DWP but is administered by HMRC. Send that along with an attached letter from HMRC and let them resolve it.

Get HMRC to write a similar letter.

Quick Reply

Latest