Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thanks for reading my name is Lewis and I want to go into Sports journalism. I went to the open day and it was great and have been in regular contact with the lecturers, but I want to known what the students think and find out what makes the course so great? Please get back to me with anything.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi @LewisHols

Thanks for posting and I'm glad that you enjoyed the open day

I didn't study Sport Journalism, so I'll try to put you into contact with a current sports journalism student.

What I do know is that the course is very well respected in the industry with many strong connections. I recently attended an event celebrating 10 years of the course which was amazing with huge names from the industry, including Matt LeTissier, Phil McNulty and Jeremy Wilson. Here is a little write up of the event.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can, but until then I hope this has helped
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    LewisHols

Could I just check if you're applying to the foundation course or straight into level 4 of sports journalism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador)
    LewisHols

Could I just check if you're applying to the foundation course or straight into level 4 of sports journalism?
    Hello I am going straight into the level 4 sport journalism course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisHols)
    Hello, thanks for reading my name is Lewis and I want to go into Sports journalism. I went to the open day and it was great and have been in regular contact with the lecturers, but I want to known what the students think and find out what makes the course so great? Please get back to me with anything.
    Hi Lewis, I am currently a first year Sports Journalism student at Solent and so far I have found the course to be great. Still early days yet mind you, but the facilities are great. Facilities include: -A functioning newsroom -Apple Mac Editing Rooms -Several Radio studios -Up to date TV studio. Most the lecturers are still working in the industry which is so helpful, and right from day one work experience is treated like a big deal as the more experience you have the more likely you will get a job at the end of the degree. Sorry if this comes across as long winded but hope it helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 8, 2018

University open days

1. Southampton Solent University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.