The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

How is the sport Journalism course?

Hello, thanks for reading my name is Lewis and I want to go into Sports journalism. I went to the open day and it was great and have been in regular contact with the lecturers, but I want to known what the students think and find out what makes the course so great? Please get back to me with anything. :smile:
Hi @LewisHols

Thanks for posting and I'm glad that you enjoyed the open day :smile:

I didn't study Sport Journalism, so I'll try to put you into contact with a current sports journalism student.

What I do know is that the course is very well respected in the industry with many strong connections. I recently attended an event celebrating 10 years of the course which was amazing with huge names from the industry, including Matt LeTissier, Phil McNulty and Jeremy Wilson. Here is a little write up of the event.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can, but until then I hope this has helped :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
@LewisHols

Could I just check if you're applying to the foundation course or straight into level 4 of sports journalism?
Reply 3
Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador
@LewisHols

Could I just check if you're applying to the foundation course or straight into level 4 of sports journalism?

Hello I am going straight into the level 4 sport journalism course
Original post by LewisHols
Hello, thanks for reading my name is Lewis and I want to go into Sports journalism. I went to the open day and it was great and have been in regular contact with the lecturers, but I want to known what the students think and find out what makes the course so great? Please get back to me with anything. :smile:

Hi Lewis, I am currently a first year Sports Journalism student at Solent and so far I have found the course to be great. Still early days yet mind you, but the facilities are great. Facilities include: -A functioning newsroom -Apple Mac Editing Rooms -Several Radio studios -Up to date TV studio. Most the lecturers are still working in the industry which is so helpful, and right from day one work experience is treated like a big deal as the more experience you have the more likely you will get a job at the end of the degree. Sorry if this comes across as long winded but hope it helps.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by RandomTennisfan
Hi Lewis, I am currently a first year Sports Journalism student at Solent and so far I have found the course to be great. Still early days yet mind you, but the facilities are great. Facilities include: -A functioning newsroom -Apple Mac Editing Rooms -Several Radio studios -Up to date TV studio. Most the lecturers are still working in the industry which is so helpful, and right from day one work experience is treated like a big deal as the more experience you have the more likely you will get a job at the end of the degree. Sorry if this comes across as long winded but hope it helps.

[QUOTE="RandomTennisfan;75475004"]Hi Lewis, I am currently a first year Sports Journalism student at Solent and so far I have found the course to be great. Still early days yet mind you, but the facilities are great. Facilities include: -A functioning newsroom -Apple Mac Editing Rooms -Several Radio studios -Up to date TV studio. Most the lecturers are still working in the industry which is so helpful, and right from day one work experience is treated like a big deal as the more experience you have the more likely you will get a job at the end of the degree. Sorry if this comes across as long winded but hope it helps.[/QUOT hi mate I would like to contact you
Original post by rojomed
Original post by RandomTennisfan
Hi Lewis, I am currently a first year Sports Journalism student at Solent and so far I have found the course to be great. Still early days yet mind you, but the facilities are great. Facilities include: -A functioning newsroom -Apple Mac Editing Rooms -Several Radio studios -Up to date TV studio. Most the lecturers are still working in the industry which is so helpful, and right from day one work experience is treated like a big deal as the more experience you have the more likely you will get a job at the end of the degree. Sorry if this comes across as long winded but hope it helps.[/QUOT hi mate I would like to contact you

By all means dm me on here.

Quick Reply

Latest