Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have just made my first personal statement which i might use for my sixth form application for a different school. but i'm not sure if its good so if you want to help me review it let me know.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackh57)
    i have just made my first personal statement which i might use for my sixth form application for a different school. but i'm not sure if its good so if you want to help me review it let me know.
    DON'T post personal statements online. For sixth form, I doubt they'd check, but for uni, they do, and if it's found online (even if you post it after you send it off), you're completely ****ed since you can't prove that it's yours. Can't you find a teacher at your school who's willing to review it?

ReputationRep:
    bump
    Do not post your personal statement on here or anywhere people can access it publicly because UCAS's similarity checker will pick it up and you will be shown to have plagarised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    DON'T post personal statements online. For sixth form, I doubt they'd check, but for uni, they do, and if it's found online (even if you post it after you send it off), you're completely ****ed since you can't prove that it's yours. Can't you find a teacher at your school who's willing to review it?
    what if i send it privately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questions1729)
    Do not post your personal statement on here or anywhere people can access it publicly because UCAS's similarity checker will pick it up and you will be shown to have plagarised.

ReputationRep:
    I still wouldn't recommend it. Don't share personal statements with people who are also applying to colleges/unis in the same year as you, or anyone who you wouldn't trust to keep it to themselves. Best to stick to teachers or parents.

ReputationRep:
    Sending it via email is fine, but avoid posting anywhere here.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't. It only takes one person to receive it and use it for your Uni application to be thrown in the bin. Get some teachers or something to review it as school/college it is part of their job and will have much more experience to help you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You can use TSR's private PS reviewing service, found here: http://bit.ly/TSRPSReview
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I wrote a PS for my sixth form and the admissions person just flipped straight past that page. I can't imagine they'd require a PS for sixth form. What they'll really be focusing on is your GCSE grades (or predictions), mainly Maths and English as well as subject-specific requirements.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    You can use TSR's private PS reviewing service, found here: http://bit.ly/TSRPSReview
    This is a sixth form PS, and we only review UCAS statements :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    Tbh, I wrote a PS for my sixth form and the admissions person just flipped straight past that page. I can't imagine they'd require a PS for sixth form. What they'll really be focusing on is your GCSE grades (or predictions), mainly Maths and English as well as subject-specific requirements.
    They are often required, but they don't matter much. Still isn't a good idea to into bad habits like sharing it online.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Do you know of any universities who place a little more emphasis on PS than other universities? Or are predicted grades the most important factor for pretty much all universities?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    My bad sorry :lol:

I saw others saying:

DON'T post personal statements online.
    And assumed it was a UCAS one
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    Do you know of any universities who place a little more emphasis on PS than other universities? Or are predicted grades the most important factor for pretty much all universities?
    With the "top unis" almost everyone applies with the correct predicated grades, so unis have to use something use to differentiate applicants. It also varies by subject, since you wouldn't apply for medicine with a B prediction, for example.

So no, I don't reallly know any unis that place more emphasis on PS - because most of them place a lot of emphasis on PS. A better question would be "can you think of any unis that don't place much emphasis on PS?" and the answer to that is "one".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.