The Student Room Group

How do ugly guys cope?

How do you deal with the fact that you are considered undesirable by the vast number of girls out there and that there is nothing you can do about it?

I want to know what unattractive guys who have accepted their looks have to say about this. How can I finally feel at home with myself and not constantly hate myself for my unseemly looks?

Scroll to see replies

become wealthy, then you will be attractive to a lot of good looking girls
Show a picture of yourself.
concentrate on homely girls.
Original post by Anonymous
How do you deal with the fact that you are considered undesirable by the vast number of girls out there and that there is nothing you can do about it?

I want to know what unattractive guys who have accepted their looks have to say about this. How can I finally feel at home with myself and not constantly hate myself for my unseemly looks?

Acquire game, stop caring for what people think and realise that not everyone is completely shallow. That's how.
I'm a solid/universal 5/10 so don't know if my advice will be helpful to you.....Since the moment of your birth till the day you die, the person you will be spending most time with will be yourself so learn to enjoy your own company and life won't seem so lifeless.
Reply 6
Try to be the best person you can. Be interesting, get new hobbies, meet new people and invest in activities that will get your confidence up.

Looks aren't everything, but you'll greatly reduce your chances by being insecure about it.
Original post by harrythomas14
Acquire game, stop caring for what people think and realise that not everyone is completely shallow. That's how.

Exactly this. I have known some fairly average looking unattractive guys, one is fairly well off with a model girlfriend because he's a photographer in that industry and just a genuinely nice, charismatic guy and another is a dancer with a heap of friends, attractive girls and guys, all because he's (again) genuinely nice and charismatic. It's all about the personality.
I mean tbh, if u yourself think that ur 'ugly', then wen will u ever accept u arent? Like why care wat girls think about u? Not all go for guys with the looks, some go for personality and the type of person u are, trust me i know, would u rather be some peng guy with a **** ass personality? Or being a average looking person with a great personality? btw im not a guy, i just though u should hear from a girls POV, and yh, try to accept ur looks, coz ur features were made for the way they are, not point changing it and by that i mean (no plastic surgery) hope this helps and the comments above are also helpful, i would definetly take them feedback on board if i were u
Reply 9
In some ways It is not as big an issue as you suggest. Attractiveness is a blend of appearance and personality and things like job and prospects I am sure play a part too. Also from what I see unless you are in the very attractive bracket, which lets face it most are not, then you have an equally hard time. So the trick if your not a model is to optimise you personality, looks and job and things will we fine. I don't think you have to give up on people more physically attractive than you, not everyone is completely hung up on looks, but it is a bad and soul destroying strategy to only go after babes. And of course it is more difficult than if, by good fortune, you have been blessed with top quartile looks. No mileage in getting bitter and envious though, you have to make your own breaks.
A guy is never ugly, just wait once he grows up...
realising that your physical appearance isn't important but your personality is
I wear a mask when I’m outdoors so people don’t have to see my face.
LDAR

go ER
Honestly I was looking around my office the other day and realised most people are 'ugly'. Because beauty standards are so high the average person is made to feel like crap because they can't reach a certain level of attractiveness.

I would say in that office 9/10 of those men have a partner, so clearly the reality is most men probably feel insecure when really they are just normal looking.
Trust me I'm a girl and personality matters so much more, yes physical attraction is important but if they have a horrible personality what's there to like
Physical appearance isn't everything. If you are kind, and have a good personality ( if your a good person) better people will be attracted to you. People who only value your physical appearance can be shallow
The posts here are the definition of cope

Face > Frame > Height or it's over
they have to realise that their ugly ahahahahahahah shameeessssss
Original post by Anonymous

Because such things exist as wrists and sharp blades.

Quick Reply

Latest