Turn on thread page Beta

How do ugly guys cope? watch

How do you deal with the fact that you are considered undesirable by the vast number of girls out there and that there is nothing you can do about it?

I want to know what unattractive guys who have accepted their looks have to say about this. How can I finally feel at home with myself and not constantly hate myself for my unseemly looks?

ReputationRep:
    become wealthy, then you will be attractive to a lot of good looking girls

Show a picture of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    concentrate on homely girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you deal with the fact that you are considered undesirable by the vast number of girls out there and that there is nothing you can do about it?

I want to know what unattractive guys who have accepted their looks have to say about this. How can I finally feel at home with myself and not constantly hate myself for my unseemly looks?
    Acquire game, stop caring for what people think and realise that not everyone is completely shallow. That's how.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a solid/universal 5/10 so don't know if my advice will be helpful to you.....Since the moment of your birth till the day you die, the person you will be spending most time with will be yourself so learn to enjoy your own company and life won't seem so lifeless.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Try to be the best person you can. Be interesting, get new hobbies, meet new people and invest in activities that will get your confidence up.

Looks aren't everything, but you'll greatly reduce your chances by being insecure about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    Acquire game, stop caring for what people think and realise that not everyone is completely shallow. That's how.
    Exactly this. I have known some fairly average looking unattractive guys, one is fairly well off with a model girlfriend because he's a photographer in that industry and just a genuinely nice, charismatic guy and another is a dancer with a heap of friends, attractive girls and guys, all because he's (again) genuinely nice and charismatic. It's all about the personality.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I mean tbh, if u yourself think that ur 'ugly', then wen will u ever accept u arent? Like why care wat girls think about u? Not all go for guys with the looks, some go for personality and the type of person u are, trust me i know, would u rather be some peng guy with a **** ass personality? Or being a average looking person with a great personality? btw im not a guy, i just though u should hear from a girls POV, and yh, try to accept ur looks, coz ur features were made for the way they are, not point changing it and by that i mean (no plastic surgery) hope this helps and the comments above are also helpful, i would definetly take them feedback on board if i were u

ReputationRep:
    In some ways It is not as big an issue as you suggest. Attractiveness is a blend of appearance and personality and things like job and prospects I am sure play a part too. Also from what I see unless you are in the very attractive bracket, which lets face it most are not, then you have an equally hard time. So the trick if your not a model is to optimise you personality, looks and job and things will we fine. I don't think you have to give up on people more physically attractive than you, not everyone is completely hung up on looks, but it is a bad and soul destroying strategy to only go after babes. And of course it is more difficult than if, by good fortune, you have been blessed with top quartile looks. No mileage in getting bitter and envious though, you have to make your own breaks.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, there's always going to be a faint sense of self-loathing about the fact that you look uh...unpleasant. Nothing you can do about it.

What helps me are two things. As you said so yourself, it's not a choice. You can't be 6'3'', get great skin, etc. So it's out of your control. That doesn't mean you have to delude yourself into thinking everything's great about you but you can't feel bad about it either. It's not something you're responsible for.

Second, it's not as important as you suggest. I do wish I was attractive but I also realise it's not everything. I don't agree with some people in here who try to downplay looks, they're very important in attracting a mate especially if you aren't super charismatic/people person. But that's all they're good for in the end. There are other things in life that are as, if not more important than, romantic love. Like friendship and family. It's not the end of the world and it's not something to be depressed about and seek ways to "cope with" as if it's a major personal disaster.

ReputationRep:
    A guy is never ugly, just wait once he grows up...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    realising that your physical appearance isn't important but your personality is
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wear a mask when I’m outdoors so people don’t have to see my face.

ReputationRep:
    LDAR

go ER

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I was looking around my office the other day and realised most people are 'ugly'. Because beauty standards are so high the average person is made to feel like crap because they can't reach a certain level of attractiveness.

I would say in that office 9/10 of those men have a partner, so clearly the reality is most men probably feel insecure when really they are just normal looking.

Trust me I'm a girl and personality matters so much more, yes physical attraction is important but if they have a horrible personality what's there to like
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Physical appearance isn't everything. If you are kind, and have a good personality ( if your a good person) better people will be attracted to you. People who only value your physical appearance can be shallow
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The posts here are the definition of cope

Face > Frame > Height or it's over

they have to realise that their ugly ahahahahahahah shameeessssss

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.