Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A girl seems interested face to face yet not when texting Watch

So a girl I've recently met seems to show some kind of interest in me. Even if it's purely platonic I just want to have some sort of connection with her. When talking face to face she talks a lot about anything really. Although she talks about boys quite a bit.. Wish I could tell her I don't want to know how sweet this boy is or how confident this other guy is. Kinda makes me want to start talking about other girls to see how she reacts.

Anyways whenever I text her it's me who ever start the conversation. But her replies are so effortless it just ruins it. And she replies hours later.. I decided to see if I was being ignored or she just barely uses whatsapp. Turns out she barely uses whatsapp but then she tells me how she is "addicted" to instagram. If she's addicted then she's going to see notifications from WhatsApp so..? Also she talks to her old friends often. So why can't I make conversation with her outside of school?!

I don't know whether she prefers calling, maybe only checks instagram (I don't have insta) or what but I don't see how anyone could hold a conversation with her when it's not face to face. I really want to hang out on a weekend or day off but I just don't understand if she enjoys my company or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hate to say it, but as a woman speaking, she really does not seem into you romantically. At least for me, if someone I like "in that way" messages me, I want to respond and quite quickly too. It's not a good sign also that you are the only one starting conversations. That she's bringing up other boys a lot in conversation is also a clear signal from her, she is showing you that she is not thinking of you romantically. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear. She is probably avoiding making much conversation with you because she senses you like her and does not wish to lead you on.

I know you say you want to connect with her platonically, but it sounds like you want more than that, and you are unlikely to be unhappy in the long run with less. It might be worth trying to connect with someone else instead, who will return your feelings. Good luck.

PS - I thought about it a little more. There is a small chance that she is playing games e.g. bringing up other guys to make you jealous, not responding to encourage you to chase and make herself not appear desperate. Depending on how young she is, she may be doing this due to shyness or what her friends have told her. So I guess it's not altogether clear cut. If you want to rule out this possibility, just directly ask her out. How she responds from there should tell you all.

Just because a girl talks to you it doesn't mean she likes you. Some are just chatty.

ReputationRep:
    I've turned off my WhatsApp notifications because I don't like my phone to be clutered.

Anyway, as has been said, just because she's friendly doesn't mean she's into you. Are you conversations interesting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So a girl I've recently met seems to show some kind of interest in me. Even if it's purely platonic I just want to have some sort of connection with her. When talking face to face she talks a lot about anything really. Although she talks about boys quite a bit.. Wish I could tell her I don't want to know how sweet this boy is or how confident this other guy is. Kinda makes me want to start talking about other girls to see how she reacts.

Anyways whenever I text her it's me who ever start the conversation. But her replies are so effortless it just ruins it. And she replies hours later.. I decided to see if I was being ignored or she just barely uses whatsapp. Turns out she barely uses whatsapp but then she tells me how she is "addicted" to instagram. If she's addicted then she's going to see notifications from WhatsApp so..? Also she talks to her old friends often. So why can't I make conversation with her outside of school?!

I don't know whether she prefers calling, maybe only checks instagram (I don't have insta) or what but I don't see how anyone could hold a conversation with her when it's not face to face. I really want to hang out on a weekend or day off but I just don't understand if she enjoys my company or not.
    Didn't you make this post before?

She has no interest in you. I talk to s lot of the girls st my workplace. But I will tell you know, if any of them messaged me I would not reply unless it's work related

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.