The Student Room Group

A Levels??????

I’m in year 11 and I’m starting to go to sixth form open evenings. I know I have to take Biology and Chemistry which is great because they’re my favourite subjects, but I’m scared that if I don’t do three or more sciences I’ll be at a disadvantage when I apply to medical schools.
Is there a question here...?
Original post by Mia Olagbaju
I’m in year 11 and I’m starting to go to sixth form open evenings. I know I have to take Biology and Chemistry which is great because they’re my favourite subjects, but I’m scared that if I don’t do three or more sciences I’ll be at a disadvantage when I apply to medical schools.

Have you considered Maths? It complements Sciences well and is advantageous. However, Physics isn't necessary or even really advantageous when applying for medicine.
Will I be at a disadvantage if I don’t do three or more science a levels?
Reply 4
Original post by Mia Olagbaju
Will I be at a disadvantage if I don’t do three or more science a levels?

Only at 1 or 2 med schools (Cambridge for one).

For most, your 2 sciences plus 1 other subject is absolutely fine.
(edited 6 years ago)
Or more?

lmao you only get 3 science options at a level top kek

no you won't be at a disadvantage OP
I think you should take physics and maths too, physics is a science too and if you’re gonna take physics might as well take maths too.
no. you wont. unis look for A*AA typically and if you are doing bio and chem then you should be fine. I would suggest having a look at maths because it is helpful and isnt much harder if you are working at grade 7+.
Reply 8
Original post by AryanGh
Or more?

lmao you only get 3 science options at a level top kek

no you won't be at a disadvantage OP

Maths counts as a science.
Original post by Doonesbury
Maths counts as a science.

Fair point, latter point still applies OP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending