Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So basically back in 2015 in May. Student finance said that they were notified that I had stopped my course. The same month of that year I was doing my final pieces (doing Art) and doing all my coursework in the university. I was still actually in the building itself finishing my coursework and my module! However I decided at the end of that year (July) after I submitted all my work and got my result, that I was not going to continue that course or university at all. (For many reasons!).

    It's funny that 2 years later that student finance have sent me a letter saying they have overpaid me since I did not finish my course, according to the university!

    It's been 2 years.

    I contacted them to appeal as I attended til the end! They just said I need to contact my university since they were the one who declared this! I am beyond fuming as I finished the 3rd term but just decided not to do my 3rd year. I have no idea who to contact, how to solve it and how to prove that I was still in university (if they require evidence) since everything was electronically given to us and according to my tutor I was only a few marks away from getting a 2.2 but I told him I won't bother to get my mark up, since they were changing the whole module the next year and I didn't apply for that hence deciding not to continue! (also my mother was declining with her health due to cancer - that there was just too much strain if I continued to the next year. So even if I 'failed' that surely should still count as me still doing the course or finishing my 2nd year at least right??

    But anyway I was only in that university for that 2nd year because I transferred university to move closer to my mother and when she wasn't getting any better. I decided not to finish my degree. With many other reason due to the course itself.
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    Is there not a general phone number to phone the university on? You can often phone that and then filter your call through to the right person.

    The university should still have some sort of record that you were there. I would try to get in touch with your personal tutor or the head of your department to get this evidence.
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.