The Student Room Group

History Geography or Phycology?

So I’m picking my GCSE choices next month (I am in grade 9) and I wanted some help. I am definitely doing Mandarin as my language, but I can’t do phycology geo and history (which is my first choice) at the same time because we have to pick from certain columns and it doesnt work out so I can only do two+ french. SO (haha sorry this is so long) SO I am doing mandarin, french, and need to pick between the three.

Phycology is a new subject, and we don’t do it in KS3 so i dont know what its like but we had a taster sesh and i loved it. I love history and (not bragging) I always do well in my tests (7C/b) I do well in geography also (6a/7C) but i find it harder as its a lot more remembering. History is more english skills i find. Anyways, I realise it’s only GCSE so there’s no point stressing, but I still would like to pick something useful that I will score high in you know? Which two do you think are more useful in general and when applying to uni etc? I know that geo is 50% coursework and history and phycology have no coursework.. anyways this is super long but what do u guys think
Original post by Savannah_dl
So I’m picking my GCSE choices next month (I am in grade 9) and I wanted some help. I am definitely doing Mandarin as my language, but I can’t do phycology geo and history (which is my first choice) at the same time because we have to pick from certain columns and it doesnt work out so I can only do two+ french. SO (haha sorry this is so long) SO I am doing mandarin, french, and need to pick between the three.

Phycology is a new subject, and we don’t do it in KS3 so i dont know what its like but we had a taster sesh and i loved it. I love history and (not bragging) I always do well in my tests (7C/b) I do well in geography also (6a/7C) but i find it harder as its a lot more remembering. History is more english skills i find. Anyways, I realise it’s only GCSE so there’s no point stressing, but I still would like to pick something useful that I will score high in you know? Which two do you think are more useful in general and when applying to uni etc? I know that geo is 50% coursework and history and phycology have no coursework.. anyways this is super long but what do u guys think

Only you know what suits you best and what you enjoy. the latter is an indication in what you will do best in.

Talk to the teacher.

Look at the specification on the exam board website for your subject to get an idea of what you will learn and what interests you.

Decide if you are likely to want to take any through to A level.

Make your own mind up.

I would take the one I enjoyed most. I would be torn between History and Geography. probably History but you might be different.

Quick Reply

Latest