Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello! Anyone around here who has/ is studied psychology at Cardiff? How do you find the workload and lecturers? Do/ Did you enjoy your uni experience there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I went to Cardiff studying Psychology for 3 weeks then I dropped out. The course begins with statistics and not much else which I hated, the lecturers really rushed through it and we werent really helped with what we actually needed to do with assignments. The lecturers liked to re-iterate 'This isn't A-levels any more' without actually explaining how the degree differed from A-levels. They were also very pessimistic about our career options afterwards. I think it would have improved had I stayed and there were a lot of great people on the course - I'm sure your experience would be better if you chose Cardiff, just keep in mind Statistics is boring

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I’m currently in my final year studying Psychology at Cardiff. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the degree! The workload is pretty heavy so you do have to be organised but you’ll probably get the same at many universities. There’s such a range of modules and every lecture has been really engaging and it’s a really supportive university! Also the opportunity to do a placement is really beneficial! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.