The Student Room Group

Should I take Philosophy, Politics, Sociology and Health and Social Care as A levels?

Hi, I’m in year 11 and I’m thinking of taking these as my a levels in sixth form. Can you guys tell me what is was like and important things you guys think I should know before applying.
Thanks
If those are the subjects you're passionate about then go for it! The important thing to think about is what you will use these A-levels for, if you want to go to uni then look at courses you may be interested in and look at any subjects they require or prefer you to have!
I take all those except Health & Social Care - they are so interesting, personally I love them. It's 2 long years so you need pick something you'll enjoy tbh.
What are your career aims? Also bear in mind that doing four is definitely not required, and probably won't give you much of an advantage unless you're applying for science degrees (which I assume off your a-level options you aren't)

In general though, I don't see why not. Politics/Psych/Socio go well together as they're all social-science-essay based subjects so should work well. But obvs rly depends on what you want to do in the future :smile:
Original post by jjasn
Hi, I’m in year 11 and I’m thinking of taking these as my a levels in sixth form. Can you guys tell me what is was like and important things you guys think I should know before applying.
Thanks

OMG DEFINITELY!!!

If you want to end up broke and homeless in the future.
Reply 5
Lol wdym??
Reply 6
Original post by Imperator_Intel
OMG DEFINITELY!!!

If you want to end up broke and homeless in the future.

Lol wdym??

Quick Reply

Latest