The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN International journalism BA 2018

The above course at UCLAN looks really interesting. I was just wondering whether there are any applicants / current students who have been on the course and what their experience was like?
I am looking to do a work placement abroad whilst on the course and possibly study abroad.
I also want to do a foreign language module.
Thanks
Reply 1
BUMP
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Hey Leila!

I'm currently a second year student here at UCLan although I'm not studying International Journalism, I have taken a foreign language module here though, which language is it that you're interested in studying?

I'm also here and available to answer any general questions you may have about being and studying at UCLan and what my experiences have been here.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Wendy
Reply 3
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey Leila!

I'm currently a second year student here at UCLan although I'm not studying International Journalism, I have taken a foreign language module here though, which language is it that you're interested in studying?

I'm also here and available to answer any general questions you may have about being and studying at UCLan and what my experiences have been here.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Wendy

Thanks for getting back to me! I want to choose Spanish. What language did you take?
What do you think of Preston? Are nights out good? Do the student union hold lots of events?
Thanks for answering my questions.
Leila
Hey!

Oh Spanish would be really interesting, do you have any experience speaking it already or would you be starting as beginner? I chose to do Russian through the worldwise centre at UCLan - really tough but great!

I come from a town not too far away from Preston but I absolutely adore it here, the campus is super close to the city centre so you're never too far away from the shops, restaurants etc. Plus there are events like shopfest every year where we go a little crazy with the shopping with student discount! Nights out are equally great and there are so many places to choose from (again they're all super close by) what kind of music are you interested in? and yes ofcourse our student union holds loads of things - last week we had a 3 day careers fair (full of freebies and ideas for the future), there are regular cocktail and karaoke nights and quizzes at the student union bar; Source. Plus they do an event every year after exams are done with called summer Survival - that's always a good laugh too.

Are you coming to the open day this Saturday? It could give you a chance to get a feel for the university and theres a city bus tour so you see everything with a guide?
Wendy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending