Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to focus my French IRP on: Le chômage des jeunes en France (youth unemployment in France).

If anyone has any facts or figures they know on this topic, or something similar - I would greatly appreciate them!

I was wondering how people are structuring their IRP’s? We have been told to split it up into 5 sub-headings, and prepare around 500 words on each.

Then we have to memorise these to form about 10 minutes of presentation.

We then get quizzed amd asked many questions on our topic... which is what I’m currently stressing about!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or any general advice on this??

Cheeeeeeeers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    In 2013, 35% of French employers noted that there was a lack of adequately qualified young people applying for positions.

Try researching the 'Plan de relance de l'apprentisage'

You may also want to look into the 'loi el Khomri' - I don't know what's going to happen to it now that Hollande is no longer in power but you could connect certain parts of it to youth unemployment.

Around 30% of young French people of foreign extraction leave school without a 'bac' compared with only 16% of their white French counterparts. You could then link this to racial discrepancies in unemployment among young people.

I did general unemployment in France as one of my A-level research topics. To make mine a little bit more original, I also looked at unemployment in the DOM TOMs (French overseas territories). You could make an interesting side-topic out of this and perhaps even compare them with metropolitan France in order to draw some interesting conclusions about unemployment policies and their effects.

If you would like additional help, feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndividual)
    In 2013, 35% of French employers noted that there was a lack of adequately qualified young people applying for positions.

Try researching the 'Plan de relance de l'apprentisage'

You may also want to look into the 'loi el Khomri' - I don't know what's going to happen to it now that Hollande is no longer in power but you could connect certain parts of it to youth unemployment.

Around 30% of young French people of foreign extraction leave school without a 'bac' compared with only 16% of their white French counterparts. You could then link this to racial discrepancies in unemployment among young people.

I did general unemployment in France as one of my A-level research topics. To make mine a little bit more original, I also looked at unemployment in the DOM TOMs (French overseas territories). You could make an interesting side-topic out of this and perhaps even compare them with metropolitan France in order to draw some interesting conclusions about unemployment policies and their effects.

If you would like additional help, feel free to PM me.
    wow thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.