Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So in class if we get any homework to do an essay with open textbook, I'll get full marks or close to it, but i just can't seem to remember any facts. I've written all my notes and textbook work out on little flashcards, condensed and recorded myself saying (which helps a lot more) is there any methods anyone would recommend??

i just feel so slow ):

doing edxcel gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniminx3310)
    So in class if we get any homework to do an essay with open textbook, I'll get full marks or close to it, but i just can't seem to remember any facts. I've written all my notes and textbook work out on little flashcards, condensed and recorded myself saying (which helps a lot more) is there any methods anyone would recommend??

i just feel so slow ):

doing edxcel gcse
    I’m studying history at GCSE as well and since I’m a verbal learner I copy and paste paragraphs from my online textbook into google translate and have it say the notes. I also try to read a few pages then plan out a question without referring to the book or make notes in my own words and not directly copy from the textbook.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing GCSE history!!! I like using a lot of different ways to learn, so here's some of my ideas :

Writing them out multiple times
    Make timelines using sticky notes on a wall/ wardrobe door
    Flashcards (I think you said that)
    Posters around your house
    There are loads of websites in which you can make tests for yourself - whether it's matchup or practice essays, the more you do it the better you'll get!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing History with AQA and know exactly what you mean- especially as the spec is so vast and so its so much info to cram in.
    Personally, I would say to tackle it topic by topic- make notes, then CONDENSE them into just the important information- make the most of index cards! For subjects which require a lot of learning, for me, verbally memorising isn't enough, so once I think I know it then I will type them up onto OneNote- then do loads of practice questions.
    AND ALSO make sure you know your answer structure for 4/8/12/16 markers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniminx3310)

i just feel so slow ):

doing edxcel gcse
    essay plans and understanding the facts helps. Think about the impacts of said statistics, and get into the habit of doing essays without an open textbook

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.