Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I’m currently in year 11, and as the sixthform I’ll be attending doesn’t offer law as an alevel subject, I’ll be doing:

Sociology

Psychology

Economics

Do you think these are good choices to go on and do law at university?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    English Literature or Language would have been a good choice, as well as History. Any other humanities subject, like Geography, could have been a good choice. You just need to relate and convey that you have gained skills in the subjects that could be applied to lie.
    Doing A-Level Law wouldn't have a good choice, as many universities don't see it as a good A-Level choice.
    I would have chosen English Language, Economics, Geography (and Sociology if I was able to chose 4).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitype)
    English Literature or Language would have been a good choice, as well as History. Any other humanities subject, like Geography, could have been a good choice. You just need to relate and convey that you have gained skills in the subjects that could be applied to lie.
    Doing A-Level Law wouldn't have a good choice, as many universities don't see it as a good A-Level choice.
    I would have chosen English Language, Economics, Geography (and Sociology if I was able to chose 4).
    I get the English Language choice - but why would you do Geography for law? You don’t even touch up on law in Geography?

ReputationRep:
    The whole law A-Level thing is a bit of a myth. It would have put you at no disadvantage nor advantage. To be honest, it's probably a better choice than English Lang,Geography,Economics.

I would suggest doing English Lit or History. I would definitely pick subjects more on the essay side of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwant2die)
    I get the English Language choice - but why would you do Geography for law? You don’t even touch up on law in Geography?
    You learn a lot about Human Geography, and human rights. It can be applied to law (especially law that is governed across unions like the EU). It it isn't necessary to chose Geography, just pick the ones that you will enjoy. If you enjoy them, you will do well in them.

ReputationRep:
    You learn a lot about Human Geography, and human rights. It can be applied to law (especially law that is governed across unions like the EU). It it isn't necessary to chose Geography, just pick the ones that you will enjoy. If you enjoy them, you will do well in them.
    Aah I see what you mean now, thanks! However, I do really enjoy and look forward to Sociology, Psychology and Economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwant2die)
    Aah I see what you mean now, thanks! However, I do really enjoy and look forward to Sociology, Psychology and Economics!
    If you enjoy them, then chose them. I can't stress this enough because a lot of people chose subjects that will get them specific university course they want. If you do subjects that you have no interest in them, you'll fail (from personal experience).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.