Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY FIRST EVER GYG BLOG

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is Dreaming9s (no it isn't) and I'm in my first year of GCSEs.

I am currently taking:
    Edexcel Mathematics Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    AQA Chemistry Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    AQA Biology Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    AQA Physics Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    OCR Computer Science Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    AQA English Language Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    OCR-B History Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    AQA English Literature Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    OCR Classical Civilisations Target: 8 Aspiration:9
    AQA-A Religious Education Target: 8 Aspiration:9

I will be using this blog as a guide to fulfill my optimistic dream of achieving 9s in all my subjects across the board. I don't come from a highly privileged family nor do i go to the best school in the world (It is not the school that makes the person but it is the person that makes the school) sometimes I have to reflect on the things I have such as a roof above my head and two loving parents ; for these reasons I am grateful and will always be grateful.
    In the future i want to study medicine at Oxford but any University will be fine for that matter. I also want to be a neurosurgeon when I grow older but I am well aware of the competition and the people I will be up against.

I plan to update daily and to document my journey to those who are willing to listen.:five:

And without further ado lets begin.

ReputationRep:
    I think I should say a few things about myself:

Religion: Islam
    Orientation: Straight
    Favourite subject: I enjoy everything about all of them
    Hobby: Football, reading,watching the news, reading other GYG threads, drinking tea and Maths
    Dislike: People who talk/ shout a lot. People who think they are the best and Liverpool supporters
    What would be people describe you as?: I am known to be quite cold and inconsiderate of other people I can quickly disassociate myself from other people. But I do get along with most people I know
    If you want to know anything else just tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreaming9s)
    I think I should say a few things about myself:

Religion: Islam
    Orientation: Straight
    Favourite subject: I enjoy everything about all of them
    Hobby: Football, reading,watching the news, reading other GYG threads, drinking tea and Maths
    Dislike: People who talk/ shout a lot. People who think they are the best and Liverpool supporters
    What would be people describe you as?: I am known to be quite cold and inconsiderate of other people I can quickly disassociate myself from other people. But I do get along with most people I know
    If you want to know anything else just tell me
    I'd probably be described as either quiet (by people who don't know me) or loud (by those who do know me) apparently it takes me about a year to warm up to people (in real life, who I don't already know)
    What's your favourite type of tea? I'm currently addicted to green tea
    I'm in year 11 so let me know if you have any issues and good luck with the next few years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    I'd probably be described as either quiet (by people who don't know me) or loud (by those who do know me) apparently it takes me about a year to warm up to people (in real life, who I don't already know)
    What's your favourite type of tea? I'm currently addicted to green tea
    I'm in year 11 so let me know if you have any issues and good luck with the next few years!
    Thanks I will literally waiting for someone to post on this thread
    My favourite tea is White Tea but i hardly ever drink it.
    I normally drink Earl Grey

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I will literally waiting for someone to post on this thread
    My favourite tea is White Tea but i hardly ever drink it.
    I normally drink Earl Grey
    Aw I know how you feel, I started a GYG earlier this academic year and it's pretty boring waiting for anyone to reply, you gotta persevere
    What's your favourite subject(or subjects) and what are your hobbies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Aw I know how you feel, I started a GYG earlier this academic year and it's pretty boring waiting for anyone to reply, you gotta persevere
    What's your favourite subject(or subjects) and what are your hobbies?
    Don't really have a favourite subject but I do enjoy all of them
    My hobbies include football reading maths drinking tea watching the news I do also play Badmington
    Yeah I created this GYG to get my life back on to track and to reorganise myself I don't plan on letting it die.

ReputationRep:
    Day 1:
    Chemistry:
    I really need to revise chemistry more we haven't learnt it since Year 8.
    Our teacher teaches us nothing
    so I will have to teach myself
    I plan on making notes on Additional and Condensation polymerisation, Redox reactions and Ionic equations and Chemical Changes.
    Yes we are learning three units at once...

Religious Educationl
    I need to make notes on Christian beliefs
    I have a test next Friday

Mathematics
    Despite having been taught by two teachers last year
    We haven't learnt probability till a couple of days ago
    So I need to familiarize myself with the concepts
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster

HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY FIRST EVER GYG BLOG

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is Dreaming9s (no it isn't) and I'm in my first year of GCSEs.

I am currently taking:
    Mathematics Target: 8
    Chemistry Target: 8
    Biology Target: 8
    Physics Target: 8
    Computer Science Target: 8
    English Language Target: 8
    History Target: 8
    English Literature Target: 8
    Classical Civilisations Target: 8
    Religious Education Target: 8

I will be using this blog as a guide to fulfill my optimistic dream of achieving 9s in all my subjects across the board. I don't come from a highly privileged family nor do i go to the best school in the world (It is not the school that makes the person but it is the person that makes the school) sometimes I have to reflect on the things I have such as a roof above my head and two loving parents ; for these reasons I am grateful and will always be grateful.
    In the future i want to study medicine at Oxford but any University will be fine for that matter. I also want to be a neurosurgeon when I grow older but I am well aware of the competition and the people I will be up against.

I plan to update daily and to document my journey to those who are willing to listen.:five:

And without further ado lets begin.

Best of luck! If you need any help with anything just let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Best of luck! If you need any help with anything just let me know
    Thanks
    I will remember to ask you if I need help

ReputationRep:
    all 8s?! damn girl...
    good luck from a fellow aspiring medic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    all 8s?! damn girl...
    good luck from a fellow aspiring medic!
    My school predicts target grades on your SAT results
    so there practically useless
    But nevertheless I will aim for those grades and above
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good luck! Your targets are great (and I love the colours in the Op as well :ninja:)
    Well done on picking the right side of Oxbridge
    Best of luck with your journey and mocks when I'm sure they'll arrive in the next few months!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Good luck! Your targets are great (and I love the colours in the Op as well :ninja:)
    Well done on picking the right side of Oxbridge
    Best of luck with your journey and mocks when I'm sure they'll arrive in the next few months!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks man
    I always wanted to go to Oxford
    Its obviously the better choice and the league tables seems to agree as well :ahee::ahee::ahee:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks man
    I always wanted to go to Oxford
    Its obviously the better choice and the league tables seems to agree as well :ahee::ahee::ahee:
    You're welcome!
    Same!
    I'd agree...although a lot of people wouldn't. And for maths I think the league tables disagree as well :lol: But I still absolutely love Oxford

ReputationRep:
    OK let me just get one thing straight I have not at all been productive
    I made some notes on Chemistry
    and thats about it
    I did do a bit of maths but it was more as a hobby than actual revision
    I did not even prepare at all for my RE test which I have on Friday

Nevertheless I plan on having a productive today tomorrow (hopefully)

Tomorrows plan include :
    Revising everything to do with Christian Beliefs
    Getting a head start on my Maths end of term exam which I have in early December
    We get 1 hour for a 100 mark paper and we dont get given any formula
    I got 72 around 5th highest last term which is not good considering I done better last year but they probably made the exams harder

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone here who knows how to code using a programming language
    If you are one those lucky few
    Can you please tell me how you got started I need help considering I have no idea about anything to do with coding
    Apart from Basic HTML

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've also got a GYG thread. Our predicted grades are quite similar I'll definitely be following this thread. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srennie)
    Hey, I've also got a GYG thread. Our predicted grades are quite similar I'll definitely be following this thread. Good luck!!

Thanks man i will also follow your GYG thread
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    13/11/2017
    Today was a pretty normal day...

Period1) Maths --- We were learning how to answer some simple questions on probability. The lesson was quite slow paced and dull the questions he set us was quite repetive -Which I HATE - The class was quite chatty and laid back the atmosphere was quite relaxed .I find it extremely hard to process and digest the information our teacher sets us when half a dozen people are screaming hence why I like to work in a dead silent atmosphere. He(Our teacher) also proclaimed the unit were currently doing is extremely short which is find quite shocking considering we havent learnt probability for almost two years. We have a test on the 6th of December which I'm currently working on I aim to get above a 75 hopefully. The highest was 81/100 in the previous test.

Period 2)Chemistry-- The teacher planned for us to do a required practical in the space of an hour (for our class that is impossible) the class was out of control so we had to rush our experiments at the end luckily our group finished just on time.

Period 3/4)Classical Civilisation -- I honestly feel sorry for the teacher this class is quite literally the worst I can actually see him sweating praying to God hoping that the Head of History doesn't come in.Nevertheless we learnt about the works of Livy and wrote an 8 mark answer.

Period 5)English-- We had some sort of mini test where you had to get above 80% in .The test was quite simple and easy if you actually done the HW some people however did not do it so payed the ultimate price-DETENTION!!!

ReputationRep:
    14/11/2017

Just another day...

Period1,2) Computer science--- We were green penning our assessments which we got back today I GOT 28/59 47% I don't know what the teacher was expecting since he taught all we needed to know for the first paper in half a term he wanted us to get above 90% the highest was 66% I got the fifth highest excuding the odd person who cheated. We also done some visual basic coding we created a program where the user inputs two random numbers and we find the prime numbers inbetween quite interesting.

Period3) History-- We were green penning the 18 mark question Miss set us for HW i got 14/18 I believe this was the highest. I green penned the entire essay and gave myself a couple of even better Ifs. We also learnt about another different migrant group that came to Britain ,The West Indians. Quite a productive lesson i say.

Period4) Maths --- I have no idea what we actually learnt this lesson we just used the previous knowledge from past lessons and replicated it into this lesson the questions weren't that difficult and were again repetitive. We definetly have a test on the 6th of December it was confirmed today.

Perioid5) English-- We learnt about Evolution and degeneration and applied it to the book Dr jekyll and Mr Hyde. Todays lesson was actually interesting wish it was like this everyday.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.