Good luck with your GCSEs! I'm loving your blog so far :love:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreaming9s)
    I think I should say a few things about myself:

Religion: Islam
    Orientation: Straight
    Favourite subject: I enjoy everything about all of them
    Hobby: Football, reading,watching the news, reading other GYG threads, drinking tea and Maths
    Dislike: People who talk/ shout a lot. People who think they are the best and Liverpool supporters
    What would be people describe you as?: I am known to be quite cold and inconsiderate of other people I can quickly disassociate myself from other people. But I do get along with most people I know
    If you want to know anything else just tell me
    salaam!
    ikr liverpool fans are the worst...who do you support?
    lmao im quite cold as well
    what inspired you to look into medicine (aspirational medic here too)
    and why at oxford??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    salaam!
    ikr liverpool fans are the worst...who do you support?
    lmao im quite cold as well
    what inspired you to look into medicine (aspirational medic here too)
    and why at oxford??
    Im an Arsenal fan...........What about you?
    There are many different reasons which inspired me to do medicine ranging from it being a globally recognised field to it being a stable and reliable job.
    However ,the main reason why I want to do medicine its cuz i wanted to incorporate my understanding and passion for science with a profession where i can be helpful and useful to other people.

I hope to study medicine at Oxford because its better than Cambridge...
    To be honest i would study medicine anywhere as long as i become a qualified doctor in the end

ReputationRep:
    Im an Arsenal fan...........What about you?
    There are many different reasons which inspired me to do medicine ranging from it being a globally recognised field to it being a stable and reliable job.
    However ,the main reason why I want to do medicine its cuz i wanted to incorporate my understanding and passion for science with a profession where i can be helpful and useful to other people.

I hope to study medicine at Oxford because its better than Cambridge...
    To be honest i would study medicine anywhere as long as i become a qualified doctor in the end
    yess arsenal!!
    ummm but how on earth is oxford better than cambridge?!
    and yeah, a med degree is still a med degree regardless of uni

ReputationRep:
    yess arsenal!!
    ummm but how on earth is oxford better than cambridge?!
    and yeah, a med degree is still a med degree regardless of uni
    https://www.timeshighereducation.com...ities-medicine

ReputationRep:
    well.......i'll see when the time comes for my ucas application haha
    what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    well.......i'll see when the time comes for my ucas application haha
    what year are you in?
    Year 10

ReputationRep:
    Year 10
    same!

ReputationRep:
    same!
    Nice a lot of the year 10s seem to be doing GYGs this year

ReputationRep:
    15/11/2017

Period 1)Maths - Pretty simple we were learning permutations and combinations . We used the formula n!/(n-r)! to find out permutation and n!/R!(n-R)!
    to find out combinations it sounds complicated but i really wasn't. Two people were fighting outside the corridor and our teacher saw them as he came a bit late due to Mocks--- So yeah...

Period 2,3)Physics-- We learnt about Nuclear fission and Nuclear Fusion and the Decommisioning of Nuclear power plant . Pretty interesting lesson I may say.

Period 4)Computer Science -- We carried on with our Averages program (We coded in VB. net) . I finially finished the program and it worked.

Period 5)English-- We learnt about Jack the Ripper and analysed Chapter 5 in The strange cases of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

ReputationRep:
    16/11/2017
    I came to school a bit late today due to a dentist Check Up

Period 3) Maths---We learnt about Dependent and Independent events, AND/OR, and started learning Tree Diagrams. It was a really productive lesson I may say we learn't alot. The class was focused and relaxed. It was all good.

Period 4) Classical Civilisation--- I really enjoy the subject and im quite passionate in it, however the class is out of control apart from the select few who actually do their work. Im going to have a conversation with the teacher about this I know it is a bit harsh but I have to do what I have to do.

Period5)English--- We started the lesson by discussing what questions we would be asking the BBC Reporter who is coming to our school soon .Then analysed an article about Sherlock Holmes we then compared the characters of Dr Jekyll and Mr Utterson with Sherlock Holmes and Watson.

ReputationRep:
    16/11/2017

Today I plan on:
    Doing my Biology Homework
    REVISING FOR MY RELIGIOUS EDUCATION TEST.

ReputationRep:
    good luck with your RE test!

ReputationRep:
    17/11/2017

Period1,2)Biology---We were doing a practical and as you know by now our class is terrible at practicals people were running around the classroom dipping sticks into a Broth solution containing E.Coli and started smearing it onto peoples blazers.Luckily I avoided this by standing where the teacher can see me. People were also lighting markers in a bunsen burner.Pouring the Broth Solution on to the floor. Running arounds with sticks set on fire one person even piled a couple of sticks together and created a minature Bonfire.SO everyone apart from a couple of indivduals ,roughly 5, got behaviour logs some even got two or three.

Period 3,4)History---We literally compiled notes and made notes on what we learnt so far and condensed them and put them into our folders for revision. Our History teacher is extremely knowledgeable no wonder 50% of GCSE History students got A*-A last year.

Period 5)Religious Education---We had the RE test . We were only allowed to spend 30 mins on the test when there was an essay question and two extended questions. So yeah... I flopped.

What a day..

ReputationRep:
    hey im sure you did amazing on your RE test!
    and oh my, your biology lesson must have been wild, i mean woah haha
    they only got behaviour logs? at my school they would of been suspended lol

ReputationRep:
    hey im sure you did amazing on your RE test!
    and oh my, your biology lesson must have been wild, i mean woah haha
    they only got behaviour logs? at my school they would of been suspended lol
    You can't suspend a whole class plus the teacher wasn't paying attention so it was her fault to begin with to be honest

ReputationRep:
    You can't suspend a whole class plus the teacher wasn't paying attention so it was her fault to begin with to be honest
    true

ReputationRep:
    20/11/2017

Today was pretty normal nothing special happened....

Period1)Maths--- It would be quite good if he actually went through some of the more difficult questions with us . He just expected people to grab the answer out of thin air how are we meant to know the answer if we never learnt how to work it out? Anyway we carried on with tree diagrams and probability we suddenly went from beginner to advanced in the space of one lesson Im glad I understood it but im sure not everyone felt this way.

Period2)English--- We done a mini test at the start of the lesson I got 4/5 which most of the class seemed to get, apart from a table at the back where everyone got full marks definetly not suspicious. Miss came around to check our homework but she forgot to check our table, some people were insanely lucky. We learnt about the major theme of secrecy In The Strange Tales Of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Period3,4)Classical Civilsation--- The guy randomly changed our seating plan now I sit at the front of the classroom with no one to talk to. It's going to make a boring lesson even more boring.

Period5)Physics--- Not sure we even accompolished anything in this lesson? The class was so noisy I dont even remember learning anything apart from the green pen corrections from my HW. No wonder we have an intervention class tomorrow after school.

A pretty normal day...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.