Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (The following is directly taken from a sheet I've been assigned. I'm normally ok with these sorts of things but the maths and structure doesn't make sense to me here. Some clarification would help - it's great revision!)

"From past data, the govt. sees that consumption rose from £360bn when GDP rose by £61.25bn to £551.25bn: imports rose FROM £60bn. Using this year's figures below, calculate the expected values for all 3 figures below if income next year changes by:

1) +50bn

2) +60bn

3) +100bn

4) -20bn

The figures: Consumption is 396 bn, Savings is 24bn, Imports is 62.25 bn.

I think some multipliers need to be used but my first attempt came close, though not quite accurate enough to be correct. Any tips and workings would be appreciated. Even just a method would be useful.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.