Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12 studying A-levels in Business, Mathematics and Computer Science. My strength, interest and chosen path is Computer Science, the other two are just making up the numbers. I don't want to go to university and i am unhappy to continue studying for my A-levels for the next 18 months. I'm wondering if there are any apprenticeships in this field at 16 which would give me a better start and experience in my chosen career path.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benkins13)
    I am in year 12 studying A-levels in Business, Mathematics and Computer Science. My strength, interest and chosen path is Computer Science, the other two are just making up the numbers. I don't want to go to university and i am unhappy to continue studying for my A-levels for the next 18 months. I'm wondering if there are any apprenticeships in this field at 16 which would give me a better start and experience in my chosen career path.
    Just tagging in Apprenticeships Advice
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benkins13)
    Hey!

As an IT Apprentice myself, I can say there are tons of IT apprenticeships out there. It really does depend what you like about computing I.e networks, software, management etc... from there you can find a suitable career/employer.

If you need further guidance on what to expect from an apprenticeship I suggest you look at the government website below
    https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide

To look for an apprenticeship look at the below link
    https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

I also recommend Not Going To Uni (not government site) for any further information.

Please feel free to drop me a PM or reply if you have any further queries about apprenticeships or my IT Apprenticeship.

Thanks

Ben
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.