The Student Room Group

People keep on telling me that I’m too ugly for my boyfriend...

Please read all my post, and yes he’s a Sikh and I’m a Muslim, if you have a problem with that then don't comment!

Ok let me tell the truth, my boyfriend is really good looking, and even I know he’s out of my league. I’m a quiet girl, who sits in class and does the work, and I don’t really talk. My boy on the other hand, is really attractive. The average popular, nice eyes and hair type of guy.

I’ve lost some of my close friends because of this, they keep on telling me “he’s too good for you” and that I should just stick to my league and I quote “geeky, ugly, quiet type of guys” I’ve also lost my “religious friends”. I’m a Muslim and he’s a Sikh and they don’t like that. But when he walks past they call him peng and really good looking oh yh and they wear a hijab (headscarf)

It all started near gcse, I used to help him out with maths, and when he got a grade 6 in one of his class mocks, he came to me and he was just so happy, he kissed me.

He always spends time with me and he calls me beautiful, he says that he don’t want the other type of girls (popular) he like girls like me.

But I don’t believe him, he always talks to the other girls and apparently according to my “friend”, he’s always flirting in class with the popular girls who are “way more good looking with sexy features”

I’m thinking of leaving him, yh I admit I’m not as good looking as the girls he’s used to and I don’t want to be an embarrassment, (he’s never posted a pic of me on his gram, he’s always posts selfies and some are topless, he gets loads of comments from girls and he replies to them, which kind of makes me feel that he wants them type of girls.

I don’t want to loose him, I’ll never get a guy like him again, how can I stop these thoughts? My friends really keep telling me that he flirts with girls. I really think that the kiss was probably an accident, and he just doesn’t want To hurt my feelings.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how old are you?
Well if he openly tells people he's in a relationship with you and these popular girls that he talks to knows that he's in a relationship with you, then that should give you more security.

Why do people, including your 'friends' keep telling you you're unattractive and not good enough for him? They just sound jealous and do not sound like friends at all. You might be more attractive than you think, just because you're 'nerdy' and smart doesn't mean you're not.
quiet guys for quiet girls it is. His popularity is making you insecure and you don't want that to define you :wink:
well if u don't trust/believe him then break up with him
Maybe he's using you for help in maths to get the grades he wants for GCSE.
if he likes u then he likes u.and if u like him then u like him.
but what is weird is that he kissed u when he got that grade 6.....did he show any interest in you b4 hand?

just want to say f those fake friends.Don't care what other people say.u are beautiful inside and out and he defo saw that in u.
Reply 7
They could be jealous because they want him for themselves. You should trust your boyfriend, unless you've seen him flirt with other people then you shouldn't be worried. He's chosen you over them, he certainly doesn't think you're too ugly for him.
Dear sister , watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tED9dDdOqM

then watch this , which i believe it is an important video you will ever watch in your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QyMNM9bxsA&t=737s
Reply 9
Original post by Stuffme
how old are you?

Im 17 now, in sixthform
Original post by tamil fever
but what is weird is that he kissed u when he got that grade 6.....did he show any interest in you b4 hand?

just want to say f those fake friends.Don't care what other people say.u are beautiful inside and out and he defo saw that in u.

That was our first kiss, I should have pointed that out, we are now in sixthform
" I’m thinking of leaving him" -----> "I don’t want to loose him"?
You sound really uncertain about whether you want to be with him or not, you shouldn't really be having such conflicting thoughts. If people say you're 'too ugly' for your boyfriend then they're obviously just being intentionally spiteful -- they want you to doubt yourself and break up with him. All that matters is that you have the level of self-confidence to know that you're attractive regardless and equally your boyfriend finds you attractive. A relationship is a reciprocated, two way thing so the most important factor within your relationship is you and your significant other; don't allow people outside of your relationship plant seeds of doubt within you.
Sounds like you need to stop dating.
this young man can see your inner beauty. enjoy your relationship with him.
F those jealous pricks
remove all of those friends. They seem fake.
Original post by tamil fever

That was our first kiss, I should have pointed that out, we are now in sixthform
Original post by Burak yilmaz
Dear sister , watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tED9dDdOqM

then watch this , which i believe it is an important video you will ever watch in your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QyMNM9bxsA&t=737s

Lol please stop brainwashing me with your fantasies
Reply 18
F your fake friends, be with him, they are just jealous that they could not get with him and you have. You stay with him and make them feel jealous. You are more beautiful than you think, and this “popular cute guy” sees that. Don’t end this relationship just because of a few b*tches, live your life . F the haters
I'm infuriated that my hair is so **** considering women have been programmed to see it as the most important trait in a man. Maybe I should highlight it or something to make it seem more done up.

Either that or I'm going to beat the living **** out of the hair transplant surgeons until they agree to give me a 12 year old boy's hairline instead of telling me to enjoy my widow's peak. Just because they're old as **** and their life's already over they can't even grasp the concept of having nice hair being important. If I had nice hair I could be a 9 after getting six pack lean and jacked again.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending