Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel alone most of the time, is it weird to never had a boyfriend? Watch

I'm 22 and live alone at uni, all my friends graduated last year, so most of the time I feel alone, apart from when I'm with the people on my course sometimes but I have one close friend here but she's recently met someone on tinder, and is with him most of the time. Not that I'm not happy for her but yeah I'm not lucky finding someone on tinder or it's just not for me. I'm just feeling low atm, because there's only so much I can take of 'it'll happen soon', which I've been hearing since i was 17 or 'there's nothing wrong with you' *sigh*,
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 22 and live alone at uni, all my friends graduated last year, so most of the time I feel alone, apart from when I'm with the people on my course sometimes but I have one close friend here but she's recently met someone on tinder, and is with him most of the time. Not that I'm not happy for her but yeah I'm not lucky finding someone on tinder or it's just not for me. I'm just feeling low atm, because there's only so much I can take of 'it'll happen soon', which I've been hearing since i was 17 or 'there's nothing wrong with you' *sigh*,
    I can assure you there are a plethora of men that feel exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    Join a society, meet new people. we all go through this, it'll pass.

ReputationRep:
    I know what it is like to be in your position. Seriously, I do!

I'm 24. Male. Never had a girlfriend in my life. Hardly have any friends. But I will tell you something. Life isn't always about having friends and never having a boyfriend or a girlfriend in my case. I know it may sound weird for me to be saying that but I honestly genuinely don't think I would have achieved some of my goals if I had a girlfriend or a large circle of friends. I guess you have to play life as you go along. Life is a game. I've seen crazy **** happen in front of my own two eyes. People "who claimed that they were close friends" end up stabbing each other in the back for money.

In fact, I wouldn't mind dating someone like you if I met a person with this trait in real life . Be happy and positive. I've recently come to terms that I shouldn't be comparing myself to others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    Agreed to an extent!

I am a 24 year old male who has never had a girlfriend in my life! People do judge me sometimes and say "gosh that is weird" or even say that "you are lying". But you know what, I couldn't care less. Got far bigger problems and goals to deal with and would rather get a girlfriend as I went on in life - as it it just happens! That moment comes in a flash when you are trying to achieve your goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    But OP isn't a man, it's a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    No I guess what the poster was trying to imply was that the opposite - i.e men of a similar age are in a similar position. As a 24 year old male, I can strongly relate to this as I never had a girlfriend in my life. But it doesn't bother me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wa5ted)
    No I guess what the poster was trying to imply was that the opposite - i.e men of a similar age are in a similar position. As a 24 year old male, I can strongly relate to this as I never had a girlfriend in my life. But it doesn't bother me
    Yes but you are a man, OP is not.

(Original post by Yaboi)
    lol 'it's' 😂😂

(Original post by Yaboi)
    Yes but you are a man, OP is not.
    True I understand what they're saying, but for me as a girl, I have the pressure from my family and also I haven't had sex so I personally feel like it's better the first time with a boyfriend. In regards to friends I think I should just get used to being alone.

True I understand what they're saying, but for me as a girl, I have the pressure from my family and also I haven't had sex so I personally feel like it's better the first time with a boyfriend. In regards to friends I think I should just get used to being alone.
    I'm OP btw

ReputationRep:
    Tamagotchis are making a comeback.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.