Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done NCS ? I have moderate social anxiety and I want to do NCS but I don’t want to do it if I’m going to get separated from my friends for long periods of time !! Will I Be separate from my friends or will I stick with them for the majority of the time ?

What experiences has anyone had with it ?!! It looks good fun, I just don’t want to get stuck in a group with people I don’t know

Thank you !!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I did it this year infact.

Honestly even if you applied with friends, you are put into different groups so most likely wont be with your friends unless you are lucky (some of the people in my group were already friends.) I applied with two people but they were in different groups.

I think though it would be a good idea to get out of your comfort zone, which is something I had to do several times whilst doing ncs.
    Plus, its fun to meet new people and become friends with them, which is one of the good things about ncs. I even ended up becoming good friends with people that werent even in my group, but still got along with.

Before going on, I really had confidence issues and with the amount of teamwork and stuff you have to do, you will probably end up having to improve communication skills, which is something I ended up doing as a result.

I mean im not gonna lie, the last week was really boring, but besides that its a good experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfinah)
    Has anyone done NCS ? I have moderate social anxiety and I want to do NCS but I don’t want to do it if I’m going to get separated from my friends for long periods of time !! Will I Be separate from my friends or will I stick with them for the majority of the time ?

What experiences has anyone had with it ?!! It looks good fun, I just don’t want to get stuck in a group with people I don’t know

Thank you !!
    I havent done it but my friend who is very sociable did and absolutely hated it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.