Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I received offers to study MSc in (Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology) and (Cognitive & Clinical Neuroscience) in Essex and Goldsmiths respectively. Which university is better and worth going to? My eventual goal is to do a PhD so which university will boost my chances of staying on for a PhD? Thanks!
    PS: Im regarded as an international student so I don’t know how life is in these 2 cities.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you want to live in London and it’s high cost, I would say Essex
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    U preferred Essex just because it is less costly?
    I just want to know which university is worth my time and effort? If you know something about the Department of Psychology, in specific, that would be helpful! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Essex is a better uni

ReputationRep:
    Ok! Although I’m leaning toward Goldsmiths since it’s a University of London and it is famous for its department in psychology + it is in London so i have a high chance to get a placement. Is University of Reading the best out of the 3? Or u still prefer Essex?
    I also have an offer from Bournemouth University but I won’t accept that offer.

ReputationRep:
    Yh reading is a better uni than Essex, Goldsmiths is part of UOL and you can benefit from that. I think Reading or Goldsmiths

ReputationRep:
    I live in Colchester, which is where Essex is in... I'm just saying it's not the best here.

ReputationRep:
    Do u have any idea about the benefits of studying in a university that is part of UOL? Maybe internationally more known?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jessica,

That's a good question.

Aside from getting a degree certificate that has the University of London on it, there are some other benefits.

You get to be a part of the University of London Student Union, and the events, activities and facilities they offer, in addition to clubs and societies at each individual university.

The most beneficial thing for me when I was a student was being able to use all of the university libraries around London, and especially getting borrowing rights at Senate House library. This is really useful for research or any major project/dissertation, particularly in the final year.

(Original post by Jessica759565)
    Do u have any idea about the benefits of studying in a university that is part of UOL? Maybe internationally more known?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Official TSR Representative for the useful info!

I would really like to talk to students who graduated an MSc in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience from Goldsmiths so that we could discuss about their experiences and reviews as a CCN student at Goldsmiths. This will really help me make a right choice in choosing the university that best matches my interests.

Do you know where can I contact a Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience graduate?

Thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.