Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can i get my money back from a laptop i bought yesterday from currys Watch

ReputationRep:
    can i get my money back from a laptop i bought yesterday from currys the laptop is unopened i have changed my mind and want another laptop as i bought the wrong model which currys dont sell.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if it is unopened and you have the receipt I would presume so

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course. As long as you haven't tampered with it and still have your receipt it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fxlloutboyy)
    if it is unopened and you have the receipt I would presume so
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Yeah of course. As long as you haven't tampered with it and still have your receipt it'll be fine.
    yes the laptop is in its original boxing and i have the receipt and paper work that came with it i havent actually been on the laptop

I was just unsure as i have looked on TSR and some users have said that the shop (currys in this case) dont have to refund me the money as it isnt faulty

ReputationRep:
    they might have to test it in case you dropped it or something, but you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    they might have to test it in case you dropped it or something, but you should be fine.
    aw i see
    i wasnt sure if i would be allowed a refund of my money as i thought they could only refund you the money if their was a fault with the item in the case of a laptop as some TSR users have states in other threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joewilson1)
    aw i see
    i wasnt sure if i would be allowed a refund of my money as i thought they could only refund you the money if their was a fault with the item in the case of a laptop as some TSR users have states in other threads
    Just try it. They should refund you, and you have nothing to lose by going in and asking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joewilson1)
    aw i see
    "

An unwanted product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it’s still in its original, unopened packaging. This returns policy for unopened goods is in addition to your statutory rights and applies to purchases made in store, online or over the phone.
    Please note: if you’re returning an item you paid for by PayPal, the store will only be able to offer you an exchange or gift vouchers. To receive a refund for a PayPal purchase, please use option 2, below – refunds can only be made to your PayPal account.
    Separately to the 21 day policy above, and in accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online or over the phone, unwanted items can be returned even if you have opened them for inspection as long as you let us know within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. Once you have told us you want to return an item, you should do so without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the order. You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging.
    Returns and exchanges can only be processed with proof of purchase. This can be the sales receipt, a bank statement or an online sales invoice. Please provide your order numbers when you return a product.
    There are 3 ways to return a product bought online or over the phone:
    1. Store: Our products can be returned to a Currys PC World store. For Online Only large kitchen appliances and purchases made using PayPal or Your Plan Credit, please arrange for a collection with our aftersales team on 0344 561 1234.

Please note our stores are unable to process a return for Online Only large kitchen appliances or when you have paid online with Your Plan Credit, and for PayPal orders our stores can only offer an exchange or gift card.
    2. Over the phone: You can also arrange free product collection and refund or exchange, by calling the Team Knowhow contact centre on 0344 561 1234.
    3. Email: You can also arrange free product collection and refund by emailing [email protected]

"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    "

An unwanted product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it’s still in its original, unopened packaging. This returns policy for unopened goods is in addition to your statutory rights and applies to purchases made in store, online or over the phone.
    Please note: if you’re returning an item you paid for by PayPal, the store will only be able to offer you an exchange or gift vouchers. To receive a refund for a PayPal purchase, please use option 2, below – refunds can only be made to your PayPal account.
    Separately to the 21 day policy above, and in accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online or over the phone, unwanted items can be returned even if you have opened them for inspection as long as you let us know within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. Once you have told us you want to return an item, you should do so without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the order. You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging.
    Returns and exchanges can only be processed with proof of purchase. This can be the sales receipt, a bank statement or an online sales invoice. Please provide your order numbers when you return a product.
    There are 3 ways to return a product bought online or over the phone:
    1. Store: Our products can be returned to a Currys PC World store. For Online Only large kitchen appliances and purchases made using PayPal or Your Plan Credit, please arrange for a collection with our aftersales team on 0344 561 1234.

Please note our stores are unable to process a return for Online Only large kitchen appliances or when you have paid online with Your Plan Credit, and for PayPal orders our stores can only offer an exchange or gift card.
    2. Over the phone: You can also arrange free product collection and refund or exchange, by calling the Team Knowhow contact centre on 0344 561 1234.
    3. Email: You can also arrange free product collection and refund by emailing [email protected]

"
    thankyou for your help much appreicated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.