Can i achieve a A or an A* in English Lit/Lang A-Level?

Watch
username3245480
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hellloo, i'm confident about my A-levels, espically the other two subects i'm taking. However i'am quite unsure about my Eng A-Level. Is there any chance i can achieve an a* or an a in my A-Levels when i got a C/B in my English GCSE? Or am i being a bit too naive? I'm prepared to work as hard as i can.

Thank you
Shaziye
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MunaLimbu)
Hellloo, i'm confident about my A-levels, espically the other two subects i'm taking. However i'am quite unsure about my Eng A-Level. Is there any chance i can achieve an a* or an a in my A-Levels when i got a C/B in my English GCSE? Or am i being a bit too naive? I'm prepared to work as hard as i can.

Thank you
Do you do A-level English lit and lang second year
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
IMO GCSE's mean nothing in terms of predicting A Level grades, if you are willing to work hard you will do well.

Although I must admit English Literature A-Level is very weird in terms of the results people get. Of my class of 15 people, 2 got their target grade (an equal amount higher/lower). English language is a bit more secure and easier in terms of getting a better grade, probably why literature is facilitating.
username3245480
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
nope, it's my first year and i have only been doing it for about 3 months now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads