Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Birmingham univeristy, and heard that its a bad city- not a good place??
    is this true?
    Birmingham univeristy is the one I want to go to, regarding modules and the course.
    considering I'm from London, it is the only city I've applied to ,due to reasons. is it anything like London- night life, and social activities?
    thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No. Edgbaston is a lovely area in Birmingham. Visit the university and city you’ll love it plenty of families live in the area.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham University is a 5 minute train ride from New Street, the centre of Birmingham, so it's really handy for night life. There's loads of clubs and bars and Birmingham is a huge place so there's plenty to do during the day as well - one of the best shopping centres in the country, museums, the new library, restaurants, cafes, the O2 and HMV Institute for concerts etc it's also easy to get to surrounding areas like Wolverhampton by train or even tram. The Christmas Market is famous for being so massive with so much to do, it's always packed and crowded but definitely worth a visit.

I think Birmingham gets a bad reputation because there are quite a lot of rough areas just outside of the city centre, but if you avoid these you'll be fine. I can't see why there'd be a need to go to those places anyway.

ReputationRep:
    birmingham is great! plenty of things to do. and the shopping centre is huge- hear the nightlife is pretty good and i find it easily accessible.

ReputationRep:
    The people really being the place down, high levels of crime due to immigration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.