Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On Monday my mocks start and I am scared as heck only revised for couple of hrs will that be enough. Has anyone got any tips of how I can learn science ,math and history in a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ezaz001)
    On Monday my mocks start and I am scared as heck only revised for couple of hrs will that be enough. Has anyone got any tips of how I can learn science ,math and history in a few days.
    To prepare for maths, just do past papers .. revise science from textbook and make sure you attempt past paper too .. I'm not sure about history
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Start praying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    start praying.
    you know

ReputationRep:
    Get flash cards if possible or use the ones online and write down key facts of History like facts, figures, names and numbers.
    Do the same for Math to remember formulas.Also for Math, do exam style questions from each topic and do some past papers from your spec. Do the past papers on TSR for Math.
    And finally for the Sciences if you've got a revision guide for each such as CGP, do the summary questions on each topic.
    If you don't have a revision guide do questions out of your text books and make notes and flash cards out of all information.

ReputationRep:
    I can't sympathise with you. You knew you had mocks for a long time. Your school wouldn't just spring them on you all of a sudden. You've brought on all this panic yourself. Good job they're only mocks and not the real thing. Maybe this fear you're feeling will make you realise you actually have to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I can't sympathise with you. You knew you had mocks for a long time. Your school wouldn't just spring them on you all of a sudden. You've brought on all this panic yourself. Good job they're only mocks and not the real thing. Maybe this fear you're feeling will make you realise you actually have to work.
    I started early (summer holidays) but my teachers are bad so it isn't revision but teaching yourself tbh.

ReputationRep:
    You still have a whole day tommorrow. Plan out what you are going to do on each subject and focus on some key areas for revision 🙂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I started early (summer holidays) but my teachers are bad so it isn't revision but teaching yourself tbh.
    You can't blame your teachers for everything. You have a responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccajane2)
    You still have a whole day tommorrow. Plan out what you are going to do on each subject and focus on some key areas for revision 🙂
    thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    you know
    I didn't get the accolade of 'study helper' for no good reason. lol.

Spoiler:
    Show

Seriously though, others have already given good advice.

You just have to knuckle down with past papers, make a timed plan of action. i.e. what to cover and when. Aim to get a pass mark at first, and then build the detail with selected topics guaranteed to come up in the exam.

Make sure you learn good exam technique. Get rest.

Above all, discipline yourself to work like stink.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried google for online quizzes in science, maths and history? They can be really helpful when you have a lot to learn.

What I find helps is writing my own questions using information off the internet or text books and then answering these questions over and over again when I have spare time. When I'm on the bus, When I'm in the bath, While I'm eating my tea etc.. it all helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.