Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been lurking on TSR a while and finally made an account in order to start a GYG thread. I'm in year 11 and will be documenting my GCSE journey from now.

My current grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language = 7
    English Literature = 6
    Maths = 8
    Biology = 8
    Chemistry = 8
    Physics = 7
    Geography = 7
    French = 7
    Religious Studies = 7

My target grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language = 8
    English Literature = 8
    Maths = 9
    Biology = 9
    Chemistry = 9
    Physics = 8
    Geography = 8
    French = 8
    Religious Studies = 8

For A levels I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths alongside an EPQ. I have no idea about what I want to do in the future, but I'm interested in Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Natural Sciences and Medicine.

A bit about myself:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm really small and also pretty scrawny. I love everything to do with Science & Maths, but I really hate English. I like to play sport and read in my spare time. I suffer with social anxiety, which is difficult but I try my best to enjoy myself. I am in love with chicken nuggets and bananas

That's it for now, will update tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    really excited to see where this goes!
    welcome to the world of gyg blogging

biology and medicine based subjects are so cool!
    i have similar hopes to you for when i’m older

hopefully you’ll achieve those target grades!!!

sorry that you have social anxiety, i have anxiety so i guess we’re kinda similar (it sucks)

you seem great and are doing well...
    good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    hey good luck with y11! your grades are amazing xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    really excited to see where this goes!
    welcome to the world of gyg blogging

biology and medicine based subjects are so cool!
    i have similar hopes to you for when i’m older

hopefully you’ll achieve those target grades!!!

sorry that you have social anxiety, i have anxiety so i guess we’re kinda similar (it sucks)

you seem great and are doing well...
    good luck!
    Hi, thank you
    Good luck to you too
    Do you have a GYG thread that I can follow?

(Original post by mez_merising)
    hey good luck with y11! your grades are amazing xx
    Thank you x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are looking great already so I think you're on track to achieving what you want! Which subject do you think will be your toughest challenge? best of luck in getting the grades you want, you can do it!

Also, Biological Sciences is great (not biased at all!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Your grades are looking great already so I think you're on track to achieving what you want! Which subject do you think will be your toughest challenge? best of luck in getting the grades you want, you can do it!

Also, Biological Sciences is great (not biased at all!)
    Thank you
    I think both English Language & English Literature will be the toughest for me. The others I'm pretty confident with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ471)
    Thank you x
    yes i do!
    it’s actually featured
    you can go and check it out x

ReputationRep:
    This will just be a post about how/when I plan to revise, because I think sharing revision tips can be beneficial and also I need to keep myself in check (otherwise I'll procrastinate :rolleyes:).

So, I've made a revision timetable which will last until about March. Initially I'll be revising one unit per day, then after I've reviewed every single unit individually I'll begin going over multiple units per day (categorised into exams - e.g. B1234 covers everything on Biology Paper 1).

I'll be revising for Biology, Chemistry and Physics by making short, concise notes (in the smaller notebooks) on whatever I need to. I'll then file these notes and when I go over the unit again, I'll use the 'look, cover, write, check' technique so it will stick in my head (hopefully ). I've got a notebook for the Science practicals too (the black one).

For Geography and Religious Studies I'll make slightly longer notes (in the blue and green notebooks) and review them as often as possible. For Geography case studies I'll also make flashcards.

For French and English Literature I'll be using flashcards. For English Literature I'll put a quote on there, and then analyse it, bullet point some context and write how it links to the rest of the text. For French I'll put a heading (e.g. 'Opinions') and then write key vocabulary (e.g. J'aime, j'adore, je pense que etc).

For Maths I'll just be doing practice questions and past exam papers, along with focusing on my weaker topics (looking at you, statistics :unimpressed:).

I won't be revising English Language much as we do a lot of it in school, and most of it is exam technique which I can look at the night before the exam.

Because I've got Parents Evening on Thursday, today I'm going to revise Geography Unit 2A (Urban Issues and Challenges).

Not sure how often I'll update this thread, probably/hopefully every couple of days.

Name:  Screenshot_2017-11-12-11-32-54-1.png
Views: 2
Size:  160.4 KB
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.