Macbeth help Watch

SBizzy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need tips on my macbeth assessment, I don't really know how to structure the 4 paragraphs. The question is 20 marks. Explore how shakespeare presents the relationship between Macbeth and his wife?
Neli Mouka
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
have you learnt about PEEZLs?
Point
Evidence
Explanation
Zoom
Link
SBizzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neli Mouka)
have you learnt about PEEZLs?
Point
Evidence
Explanation
Zoom
Link
Yeah, I have. I just need more tips on structuring grade 7/8 paragraphs for this assessment.
Neli Mouka
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you need sophisticated vocabulary and ideas, at least three zooms that will contain what the reader thinks, feels and imagines with the keywords(your zoom)

do it exactly like the model PEEZL and change the key parts so you know you dont miss anything out
Neli Mouka
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
talk about how his wife had an abnormally valued position in the relationship from the beginning for that time as Macbeth was actually telling her everything about what was going on
username3625246
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could talk about how Lady Macbeth is initially the more dominant one in the relationship and that she has power over her husband (e.g. by convincing him to kill Duncan - give quotes to support the idea). Then link this into context: their relationship contrasts with the typical Jacobean relationship, where women were expected to be subservient to their husbands.
SBizzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by AJ471)
You could talk about how Lady Macbeth is initially the more dominant one in the relationship and that she has power over her husband (e.g. by convincing him to kill Duncan - give quotes to support the idea). Then link this into context: their relationship contrasts with the typical Jacobean relationship, where women were expected to be subservient to their husbands.
Thanks.
TheMightyBadger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Quotes. I didn't learn that many quotes for Paper 1 in my Lit GCSE, but then I learnt about 300 quotes/points for Paper 2 (photographic memory) and banged out 95/96 in the exam. As long as you have lots of quotes you will have ideas constantly flowing during the exam.

Edit: in terms of answering your question, Lady Macbeth is presented as being dominant over Macbeth in the play which is contrary to the Jacobean era.
AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheMightyBadger)
Quotes. I didn't learn that many quotes for Paper 1 in my Lit GCSE, but then I learnt about 300 quotes/points for Paper 2 (photographic memory) and banged out 95/96 in the exam. As long as you have lots of quotes you will have ideas constantly flowing during the exam.
Can we have children together?
SBizzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMightyBadger)

Edit: in terms of answering your question, Lady Macbeth is presented as being dominant over Macbeth in the play which is contrary to the Jacobean era.
How would i start the introduction?
TheMightyBadger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SBizzy)
How would i start the introduction?
Like any essay:
One sentence to engage the examiner.
Set out your key arguments.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?