Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need tips on my macbeth assessment, I don't really know how to structure the 4 paragraphs. The question is 20 marks. Explore how shakespeare presents the relationship between Macbeth and his wife?

ReputationRep:
    have you learnt about PEEZLs?
    Point
    Evidence
    Explanation
    Zoom
    Link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neli Mouka)
    have you learnt about PEEZLs?
    Point
    Evidence
    Explanation
    Zoom
    Link
    Yeah, I have. I just need more tips on structuring grade 7/8 paragraphs for this assessment.

ReputationRep:
    you need sophisticated vocabulary and ideas, at least three zooms that will contain what the reader thinks, feels and imagines with the keywords(your zoom)

do it exactly like the model PEEZL and change the key parts so you know you dont miss anything out

ReputationRep:
    talk about how his wife had an abnormally valued position in the relationship from the beginning for that time as Macbeth was actually telling her everything about what was going on

ReputationRep:
    You could talk about how Lady Macbeth is initially the more dominant one in the relationship and that she has power over her husband (e.g. by convincing him to kill Duncan - give quotes to support the idea). Then link this into context: their relationship contrasts with the typical Jacobean relationship, where women were expected to be subservient to their husbands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ471)
    You could talk about how Lady Macbeth is initially the more dominant one in the relationship and that she has power over her husband (e.g. by convincing him to kill Duncan - give quotes to support the idea). Then link this into context: their relationship contrasts with the typical Jacobean relationship, where women were expected to be subservient to their husbands.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Quotes. I didn't learn that many quotes for Paper 1 in my Lit GCSE, but then I learnt about 300 quotes/points for Paper 2 (photographic memory) and banged out 95/96 in the exam. As long as you have lots of quotes you will have ideas constantly flowing during the exam.

Edit: in terms of answering your question, Lady Macbeth is presented as being dominant over Macbeth in the play which is contrary to the Jacobean era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMightyBadger)
    Quotes. I didn't learn that many quotes for Paper 1 in my Lit GCSE, but then I learnt about 300 quotes/points for Paper 2 (photographic memory) and banged out 95/96 in the exam. As long as you have lots of quotes you will have ideas constantly flowing during the exam.
    Can we have children together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMightyBadger)

Edit: in terms of answering your question, Lady Macbeth is presented as being dominant over Macbeth in the play which is contrary to the Jacobean era.
    How would i start the introduction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBizzy)
    How would i start the introduction?
    Like any essay:
    One sentence to engage the examiner.
    Set out your key arguments.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.