The Student Room Group

Can I take a first year module in my second year?

I'm in my first year studying politics at Essex uni and foolishly didn't take any modules related to economics in politics. I've noticed on the course spec that there are no economics modules in the second year, so I was wondering whether I could take the first year module 'politics and economic policy' in my second year?
Original post by stephenjones91
I'm in my first year studying politics at Essex uni and foolishly didn't take any modules related to economics in politics. I've noticed on the course spec that there are no economics modules in the second year, so I was wondering whether I could take the first year module 'politics and economic policy' in my second year?

You will speak to your department. They might let you take it as an option and they might not. Pointless asking here.
Original post by 999tigger
You will speak to your department. They might let you take it as an option and they might not. Pointless asking here.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, I used that particular module as an example
Original post by stephenjones91
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, I used that particular module as an example

The university controls its own degrees. Its a module and they design the course. Unless someone was taking the same degree at the same uni then an individuals experience elsewhere is unlikely to help. Talk to the course organiser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending