The Student Room Group

Why do nearly every girl always like the pretty boys?

Scroll to see replies

wait till youre a bit older, 17 + and that all reverses
Original post by halenaiqbal
Hi I think girls are more attracted to them types of guys because the men are more attractive and also because they are more out there and they are in front of you quite often your brain thinks of them even when they are not there
I hope that answered your question
HalenaXx:wink:

Could elaborate in a more easier way for me to understand Helena?
Look it is simple your brain will keep mental images of boys it has seen and the one that it likes the most will keep coming up
HalenaXx not helena
Original post by Anonymous
Why do 95% girls have a think for Justin Bieber/One Direction/Austin Mahone type of lads who’d look younger than their actual age, have a girly looking faces, skinny build, swishy/quiff haircuts?

I understand that a girl has a right to reject you but imagine if the genders switch guys like me would get shallow and misogynist. Everyone has their own preferences but a lot of young girls need to realise not every single guy looks like One Direction. There are plenty of average joes out there wanting a girlfriend, willing to treat her right but they get ignored because not many girls would abolish from their existence just after glance.

It’s sad that a lot of lads in my generation try too hard to look like One Direction to gets girls. I’d never try to look like that so I could get girls attention however pretty boys do effect my self-esteem?

hello, as a girl i can definitely say not all of us like pretty boys, beauty is a very subjective thing and not everyone likes the same things. the fact that Boys tend to go for pretty girls is also of a similar view and i can really understand how detrimental this can be on self esteem, as you feel as a young person you have to change to be like them. I agree people need to see past looks and look at the person inside who is willing to treat them right rather than whos the most conventionally attractive. it is sad that people in general change to what others want to see, i suppose we would have a far more diverse and interesting society if we all didnt do that. However i disagree that you say majority of girls do this because it is untrue, not every girl wants a harry styles just the same as not every boy wants a vs model beauty is a personal thing. oops sorry went off on a bit of a tangent then lel
Why do 95% girls have a think for Justin Bieber/One Direction/Austin Mahone type of lads who’d look younger than their actual age, have a girly looking faces, skinny build, swishy/quiff haircuts?

I understand that a girl has a right to reject you but imagine if the genders switch guys like me would get shallow and misogynist. Everyone has their own preferences but a lot of young girls need to realise not every single guy looks like One Direction. There are plenty of average joes out there wanting a girlfriend, willing to treat her right but they get ignored because not many girls would abolish from their existence just after glance.

It’s sad that a lot of lads in my generation try too hard to look like One Direction to gets girls. I’d never try to look like that so I could get girls attention however pretty boys do effect my self-esteem?

You're definitely exaggerating. You sound young from what you've said, so you've still got plenty of time to find someone. Stop worrying about what other people are doing and just focus on yourself.
Original post by vidoesalevels
hello, as a girl i can definitely say not all of us like pretty boys, beauty is a very subjective thing and not everyone likes the same things. the fact that Boys tend to go for pretty girls is also of a similar view and i can really understand how detrimental this can be on self esteem, as you feel as a young person you have to change to be like them. I agree people need to see past looks and look at the person inside who is willing to treat them right rather than whos the most conventionally attractive. it is sad that people in general change to what others want to see, i suppose we would have a far more diverse and interesting society if we all didnt do that. However i disagree that you say majority of girls do this because it is untrue, not every girl wants a harry styles just the same as not every boy wants a vs model beauty is a personal thing. oops sorry went off on a bit of a tangent then lel

Don’t be sorry, you’re one of the best comments I’ve seen on here
Original post by Salt Queen
Wtf are you even talking about? This was so painfully senseless to read. You must be like 13 years old. Idk any grown men who want to look like those guys.

I’m 22
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're definitely exaggerating. You sound young from what you've said, so you've still got plenty of time to find someone. Stop worrying about what other people are doing and just focus on yourself.

I’m 22, never had a girlfriend and still a virgin
Ngl I really hate average joe for setting these average standards
Let people do what people want.
i do like a bit of willy ding ding in my bum bum if u know what i mean

1. Because they're pretty.
2. No one likes random percentages plucked from the air.
3. I sense bitterness.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hannxm
1. Because they're pretty.
2. No one likes random percentages plucked from the air.
3. I sense bitterness.

Yeah, I’m a bitter person byt there’s no shame in admiring that.
Reply 32
Because girls are more shallow than guys
Original post by Hirsty97
Why would anyone want to date someone so unambitious that they'd define themselves as an "average joe" anyway?

Well, quite.
I’ve tried to approach a few girls at night outs a few times hoping to have a chat, buy them a drink or dance but they usually just walk away. One girl verbally abused me for susposedly trying to make a move on her friend but what I thought was that her friend smiled at me so I smiled back.

Brutal truth: your probs just not good looking

Bars are a very easy way to meet women
Brutal truth: your probs just not good looking

Bars are a very easy way to meet women

Thanks for your honesty
Why does nearly every guy always like the pretty girls? What kind of topic is this? Go to the gym or get a fresh haircut or something.
(edited 6 years ago)

There's a difference between girly and just overgroomed.

Scotty T would destroy any short skinny ballerina type guy. He looks very groomed but guarantee he's manlier than 90% of guys in person. Jay Gardner's more macho, but same story.

But unattractive guys should pretty much just give up on the idea of ever being with someone attractive, their life's doomed to being with a girl they don't really physically desire. This is why bullsh*t traits like intelligence mean absolutely nothing at all in life and only the way you look matters. I'd rather have an IQ of 80 and a pretty face than even a marginally ugly face and IQ of 160. Ugly intelligent people just use their brain's to invent things that make life even better for dumb hot people.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending