Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm kind of sick of just having a non-existent social life, so I want to try and make friends outside of school.

Do you know any fool-proof ways to find and make friends outside of an academic setting?

I'm not interested in a lot but I'm remotely fond of music, literature, badminton and art.

Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly your best route is to find and join a club. I've got loads of friends only because a friend of a friend is in a ton of clubs. Be likeable, nice, and this'll be foolproof.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm kind of sick of just having a non-existent social life, so I want to try and make friends outside of school.

Do you know any fool-proof ways to find and make friends outside of an academic setting?

I'm not interested in a lot but I'm remotely fond of music, literature, badminton and art.

Please help!!
    Young people seem to enjoy going to pubs/bars/clubs/house parties/gym etc.

Go to one of those venues and strike a conversation.

(Original post by evluti)
    Honestly your best route is to find and join a club. I've got loads of friends only because a friend of a friend is in a ton of clubs. Be likeable, nice, and this'll be foolproof.
    what kind of clubs? there aren't many in my area

(Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Young people seem to enjoy going to pubs/bars/clubs/house parties/gym etc.

Go to one of those venues and strike a conversation.
    I'm not old enough to go clubbing/drinking & I've never been to a house party

ReputationRep:
    what kind of clubs? there aren't many in my area
    I'd say, consider first of all just searching for any clubs in your area (for your age group and regarding one of your hobbies). If not that, go look at some church notice boards, as a lot of clubs have venues there. And of course, check out your local library (or multiple ones!). People often disregard the library even though it's great for this sort of thing. Take a look at the library notice board or public notice board (hey there could even be one of these on your street somewhere!). Try asking a librarian about any nearby clubs. You may have to interrogate fellow students a bit to see if there are any clubs they go to. Good luck!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by evluti)
    I'd say, consider first of all just searching for any clubs in your area (for your age group and regarding one of your hobbies). If not that, go look at some church notice boards, as a lot of clubs have venues there. And of course, check out your local library (or multiple ones!). People often disregard the library even though it's great for this sort of thing. Take a look at the library notice board or public notice board (hey there could even be one of these on your street somewhere!). Try asking a librarian about any nearby clubs. You may have to interrogate fellow students a bit to see if there are any clubs they go to. Good luck!!
    there are hardly any clubs in my area, I've looked everywhere! most of my friends at school don't do anything outside of school, so it's difficult on that front...

anyone else got ideas?

try grindr

try grindr
    u trollin bruh

yes kind of, maybe tinder instead?

yes kind of, maybe tinder instead?
    im not looking for stuff like that lmao

??

????????

where's your area?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.