Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to Bournemouth for midwifery next year?
    I have an interview next month, its my one and only choice, so no pressure !

ReputationRep:
    I will be applying there, it's my first choice if I can get it. So nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I am also applying to Bournemouth ! How fast did you hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I have also applied to Bournemouth. My application was sent off last week and i haven't heard anything yet from them. I haven't visited Bournemouth but it seems like a great uni and i'd love to go there. Hopefully they get in touch soon cause the wait is killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shirley0703)
    Hey
    I have also applied to Bournemouth. My application was sent off last week and i haven't heard anything yet from them. I haven't visited Bournemouth but it seems like a great uni and i'd love to go there. Hopefully they get in touch soon cause the wait is killing me
    hey I applied nearly 2 weeks ago now and they've asked for a second reference which has been done so now waiting on a reply!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hey
    It’s a nice uni. I’m currently in my first year there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbiNaomi)
    hey I applied nearly 2 weeks ago now and they've asked for a second reference which has been done so now waiting on a reply!
    Who wrote your second reference? My school wrote my first one. Does the second reference have to be from someone else or the same person as your first reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    It’s a nice uni. I’m currently in my first year there
    Nice. Are you studying midwifery? Also what is the town Bournemouth like? Is there much to do?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nice. Are you studying midwifery? Also what is the town Bournemouth like? Is there much to do?
    I’m studying Computing at Bournemouth. There’s quite a bit to do. The uni accommodation is 5 minutes walk from town and about 10-15 minutes walk from the beach so you have a lot of things to do and visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    I’m studying Computing at Bournemouth. There’s quite a bit to do. The uni accommodation is 5 minutes walk from town and about 10-15 minutes walk from the beach so you have a lot of things to do and visit.
    That's great to know! I live in Northern Ireland and it is just too expensive to visit all my universities, especially if I will have to attend an interview.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's great to know! I live in Northern Ireland and it is just too expensive to visit all my universities, especially if I will have to attend an interview.
    Oh it will be. Bournemouth itself is a really nice place

ReputationRep:
    Who wrote your second reference? My school wrote my first one. Does the second reference have to be from someone else or the same person as your first reference?
    My manager at work wrote my second reference and my head of sixth my first one so yes it was someone else (I work at an elderly people's care home as a carer )

ReputationRep:
    My manager at work wrote my second reference and my head of sixth my first one so yes it was someone else (I work at an elderly people's care home as a carer )
    That's really good that you have got that experience of working in a caring environment! I hope all goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    That's really good that you have got that experience of working in a caring environment! I hope all goes well for you!
    Aww thankyou I really hope it goes well for you too ! I've just received an invitation for interview from Bournemouth and it wants us to take a photo of ourselves in it to discuss - has anyone else had this and what sort of photo are you taking ?

ReputationRep:
    Aww thankyou I really hope it goes well for you too ! I've just received an invitation for interview from Bournemouth and it wants us to take a photo of ourselves in it to discuss - has anyone else had this and what sort of photo are you taking ?
    Hi, i've litrally come on here to search the same thing. I have a few ideas but not really sure how to link any of them to the 6 C's .
    When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elflin86)
    Hi, i've litrally come on here to search the same thing. I have a few ideas but not really sure how to link any of them to the 6 C's .
    When is your interview?
    Mine is the 10th January! when is yours?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is the 10th January! when is yours?
    Mine is on the 11th ! Good luck 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elflin86)
    Mine is on the 11th ! Good luck 😊
    Hi I’ve got mine that day too! good luck x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza30)
    Hi I’ve got mine that day too! good luck x
    What time is yours ? 😊
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there!
    My name is Alice and I'm a first year student at Bournemouth University so hopefully I can help
    The town is really lovely as it has plenty of shops and the beautiful beach is only a 5/10 minute walk from the town centre! Do you have any specific interests? It might be worth visiting Bournemouth one day, perhaps when the uni has an open day so you can visit the uni and town at the same time! Here is a link to BU's open days if you're interested:
    https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/open-days
    If you're not able to attend an open day then Bournemouth offers a virtual tour on their website as well:
    https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites...th/virtual-bu/

Feel free to ask me any other questions that you may have!
    Alice

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.