The Student Room Group

Haven't revised at all for your mocks?

No notes, no revision, does this mean no chance?
Are you in this predicament where you feel so underprepared and feel like it's too late?
I'll tell you one thing, this can be changed! RIGHT NOW
1. Make a time table
2. Learn notes/unit then test yourself
3. CLOSE TSR RIGHT NOW AND GET F*CK*NG REVISING!

Scroll to see replies

YES OK 100% i WILL DO THAT SIR !!!
Original post by physicseastldn
Yes ok i will do that sir

Did you just.. ASSUME THEIR GENDER?!?!?
(edited 6 years ago)
I dont know man, I'm doing my tech product design coursework atm, i cba revising for my mocks in decemberrrrr ;'((((
Original post by Bill Nye
Dod you just.. ASSUME THEIR GENDER?!?!?

BYE. wtf
my mocks are in march lol
my revision has always been spontaneous and unplanned and it has worked out quite well so far. But it depends on how you prefer to organise yourself. (or if, in cases like mine)
Original post by mc_miah
I dont know man, I'm doing my tech product design coursework atm, i cba revising for my mocks in decemberrrrr ;'((((

Tell me about it. I'm doing GCSE DT RM and the course work is so time consuming and the exam is like wtf because we learn sh*t all year it's just purely coursework.

MATE it's so easy to drain hours into coursework don't theres bigger things than RM
My mocks started on Friday and have I revised? No, not at all!
I am legitimately 100% screwed

Please tell me the best way to revise biology and english lit paper 2, with extremely limited time
Original post by thefundude83

Please tell me the best way to revise biology and english lit paper 2, with extremely limited time

ok man while I give you this advice know that I'm a hypocrite!
Yeah we're doing lit and lang paper 2s only for english mocks.
How I'm going to go about it is/ give it a go:
1. Sign up at tuition kit to cover bio units (it's free)
2. Download GCSE 9-1 on ur phone and you can do the unit tests there
3. and make notes all the way for actual gcses

English:
1. Mr Bruff
2. Mr Salles
3. Watch both their videos, notes and practise (But i don't think i'll bother with the last one)
Original post by thefundude83

I take A level English Lit; tell me what texts you're studying and I can see if I can help you
@jvinmurrey Thank you, i am doing a paper 2 AQA eng lit mock on An Inspector Calls which, my teacher has hinted at the question being about Mrs. Birling and the power and conflict anthology for poetry
thanks man
Well I’ve got my german mocks tomorrow and Tuesday and know sweet FA. My german mocks were meant to be in 2 weeks, until I qualified for a sports tournament in Spain DURING mockweek! Any way that I might actually do half decent in the next 2 days
Original post by Mitchchambo
Well I’ve got my german mocks tomorrow and Tuesday and know sweet FA. My german mocks were meant to be in 2 weeks, until I qualified for a sports tournament in Spain DURING mockweek! Any way that I might actually do half decent in the next 2 days

Absorb that vocab use memrise or whatever.
For writing learn pre-scripted structures (complex verbs, subjunctives, pluperfects)
Speaking - Find general convo questions/answers - rehearse answers + learn generic phrases!
All the best :smile:
Original post by adamantacademic
No notes, no revision, does this mean no chance?
Are you in this predicament where you feel so underprepared and feel like it's too late?
I'll tell you one thing, this can be changed! RIGHT NOW
1. Make a time table
2. Learn notes/unit then test yourself
3. CLOSE TSR RIGHT NOW AND GET F*CK*NG REVISING!

ok man while I give you this advice know that I'm a hypocrite!
Yeah we're doing lit and lang paper 2s only for english mocks.
How I'm going to go about it is/ give it a go:
1. Sign up at tuition kit to cover bio units (it's free)
2. Download GCSE 9-1 on ur phone and you can do the unit tests there
3. and make notes all the way for actual gcses

English:
1. Mr Bruff
2. Mr Salles
3. Watch both their videos, notes and practise (But i don't think i'll bother with the last one)

Absorb that vocab use memrise or whatever.
For writing learn pre-scripted structures (complex verbs, subjunctives, pluperfects)
Speaking - Find general convo questions/answers - rehearse answers + learn generic phrases!
All the best :smile:

YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHH...... AYMEN brotha. You fitna give AWLL KINDZ OF CLEAN, UNLICENSED ADVICE UP IN THIS BIATCH. We need MO people like you on this site. Can I get a MO GAINZ?
Reply 16
Original post by Kevin Hodge
YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHH...... AYMEN brotha. You fitna give AWLL KINDZ OF CLEAN, UNLICENSED ADVICE UP IN THIS BIATCH. We need MO people like you on this site. Can I get a MO GAINZ?

FORK it I'll do it.

MOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNZZZZZZZZZZZ
Original post by eden3
FORK it I'll do it.

MOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNZZZZZZZZZZZ

AYMEN brotha.

Why am I always on PRSOM for you mayne? :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Kevin Hodge
AYMEN brotha.

Why am I always on PRSOM for you mayne? :frown:

u kno why mayne? It's THE DEVILL...... he be FORKIN with YO REP GAINZZZZ... the DEVIIIILS IN THE GYYYYMMMMMMMMMM....

can I get a HEEEELLL NAAAW??
Original post by eden3
u kno why mayne? It's THE DEVILL...... he be FORKIN with YO REP GAINZZZZ... the DEVIIIILS IN THE GYYYYMMMMMMMMMM....

can I get a HEEEELLL NAAAW??

The devil be making us take TWO STEPS BACKWARDS.

HEEEELLLLL NAWWWWW... Say FAWK DA DEVILLL...

Quick Reply

Latest