Turn on thread page Beta

When do you become too old to go backpacking? watch

ReputationRep:
    I basically want to travel through Eastern Europe by inter-railing, and stay in hostels. I am 27 next year in May, when do you become too old to do that sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    Surely this sort of thing depends on your own mindset unless you care what others think?

If you want to do it, then do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Surely this sort of thing depends on your own mindset unless you care what others think?

If you want to do it, then do it.
    I did not have enough money to do it when younger, now I just want to do it big.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Never?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    I did not have enough money to do it when younger, now I just want to do it big.
    Do it then.

ReputationRep:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    My friend went and he met people in their 50s who were doing backpacking too. I guess you're never too old to travel.

ReputationRep:
    Who actually cares what other people think?? It would be a bit ridiculous if a 30+ year old was desperate to travel yet sat at home because of being self conscious of their age.
    When I was in a hostel in Shanghai, there was a 50 year old Romanian women staying there! On her own!! If she can do that then I'm sure you can do that at 27 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    http://gearcollect.com/wp-content/up...ono-searle.jpg
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're never too old to put on a backpack and go exploring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    I basically want to travel through Eastern Europe by inter-railing, and stay in hostels. I am 27 next year in May, when do you become too old to do that sort of thing?
    Hey - you may meet me then - I am 58 but feel 19, I will be backpacking and inter-railing and ( probably not) staying in hostels. I am rediscovering my youth. I did inter-railing as a student - twice - and it was great.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.