The Student Room Group

ellaOne

So yesterday night I had unprotected sex and the guy it was with came inside me (I'd slept with him before, told him I wasn't on the pill but he'd forgotten and instead just assumed I was on it) - this morning I did an online consultation with an 'Online Doctor' and I got prescribed ellaOne (£33, wheeewww). I've taken the morning after pill a couple of times before but it's usually been Levonelle - the first time I took that it was fine and no side effects were present, the second time I took it I had constant bleeding for about 2 weeks afterwards - but no pregnancies so yay. On the Lloyds site it says that ellaOne is THE most effective morning after pill but I've done some research and I've found quite a few people saying they've become pregnant after taking it? Obviously if you have a bad experience with something you're more likely to post about it on the internet but this is still making me on edge! I took ellaOne about 23/24 hours after the incident occurred so I was waaaay in the time limit but I believe I'm either right in/just past my ovulation stage - I guess I'm just wanting to see if anyone else on here has taken ellaOne before and is willing to share the experiences they had with it.
Why didn’t you make sure he had a condom on?

Either way I have used ellaOne before with success, it did however give me horrendous skin for about a month after taking it. If you are concerned about it then I would advise you go and speak to your doctor
Also when did you have your last period?

Quick Reply

Latest