Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Terrible feeling after masturbation Watch

Earlier today I achieved an orgasm in the shower whilst masturbating (I'm a girl by the way). I got up and out of the shower when my legs went extremely shaky and weak. That had happened before so I didn't think much of it until I heard this static like noise that blocked other sounds. I reached up and touched my ears and they had sort of closed over and when I spoke, my voice sounded really distant. It got to the point where I couldn't hear anything except this static.

I am a bit of a hypochondriac, but I was genuinely terrified. I have been doing the do every time I shower or every few days and I have never felt this bad. Can someone help me? I don't know if I'm being dramatic or not, but I was so scared.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Earlier today I achieved an orgasm in the shower whilst masturbating (I'm a girl by the way). I got up and out of the shower when my legs went extremely shaky and weak. That had happened before so I didn't think much of it until I heard this static like noise that blocked other sounds. I reached up and touched my ears and they had sort of closed over and when I spoke, my voice sounded really distant. It got to the point where I couldn't hear anything except this static.

I am a bit of a hypochondriac, but I was genuinely terrified. I have been doing the do every time I shower or every few days and I have never felt this bad. Can someone help me? I don't know if I'm being dramatic or not, but I was so scared.
    That sounds like a “head rush” (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension that article doesn’t mention the ear roaring but I get that every time) it’s normally because of a change in posture but it sounds like the shower and orgasm caused something similar (its about a sudden change in blood pressure).

It isn’t anything to worry about (if anything it’s your body warning you that you might be about to faint so you can do something about it!). Might be worth skipping masturbating in the shower....or just set it to cold for a few seconds before you get out to wake your body up before you ask it to walk.

If it happens then it’s best to sit/lie down and breathe calmly to give your body a chance to catch up. If you get it often then it’s worth visiting a doctor - to check out whether there’s anything that they can do to help reduce it.

(Original post by PQ)
    That sounds like a “head rush” (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension that article doesn’t mention the ear roaring but I get that every time) it’s normally because of a change in posture but it sounds like the shower and orgasm caused something similar (its about a sudden change in blood pressure).

It isn’t anything to worry about (if anything it’s your body warning you that you might be about to faint so you can do something about it!). Might be worth skipping masturbating in the shower....or just set it to cold for a few seconds before you get out to wake your body up before you ask it to walk.

If it happens then it’s best to sit/lie down and breathe calmly to give your body a chance to catch up. If you get it often then it’s worth visiting a doctor - to check out whether there’s anything that they can do to help reduce it.
    Thank God. I really appreciate the input. I guess I'm going to have to sort out my hypochondria!

ReputationRep:
    Do not worry as it is just your body adjusting

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.