Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilandTheo)
    I am slightly ok with the idea of not getting accepted into Oxford (because it is extremely hard) but I still would like an interview to know that I was capable of at least getting that far.
    I feel the exact same! But I don’t really think I can even get to interview :hmmmm:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Course: History and English
    College: Wadham

I genuinely have no idea. I think my HAT test went pretty badly, at least compared to others who sat it in my school, but I'm still holding out (perhaps false) hope... Especially as I also have below average GCSEs (3A*s 3 As)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilandTheo)
    Is it possible to prepare for interviews besides from reading what you lied about? I was told that it wasn't because they're going to ask questions that are extremely hard to see how you think.
    well i guess you should feel confident about everything you'v put on your personal statement and should be prepared to answer questions about it. But yeah you're right you never know what they could ask you

ReputationRep:
    Course: Computer Science
    College: Oriel

Thoughts: MAT went... okay I guess. Here's to hoping for an interview offer

ReputationRep:
    Course: Mathematics and Statistics

MAT went fairly well I think? The weighting on questions 2-5 isn't shown but I think I'll end up in the region of 65-70%. Hopefully it's the high end as my predictions are garbage, so I was really counting on a great MAT result to carry me.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for chem at worcester. TSA felt pretty average - not that great. I think I have a chance at getting an interview as there isn't much weighting put on the TSA and around 90% of applicants get an interview. I have really good GCSEs in comparison to my school - but I know other applicants have 10 A*s and I have 7.
    I think I have a chance at interview but not a chance of an offer as all applicants seem so amazing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlashaRussia)
    The actual interviews are gonna be in December though so we still have lots of time to prepare! I think the dates might differ per college but I'm not too sure
    Dates differ by subject not college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh's Swan)
    Dates differ by subject not college.
    Ah right! That makes more sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaftVader)
    Course: Mathematics and Statistics

MAT went fairly well I think? The weighting on questions 2-5 isn't shown but I think I'll end up in the region of 65-70%. Hopefully it's the high end as my predictions are garbage, so I was really counting on a great MAT result to carry me.
    Hey I'm applying for maths at Wadham. I'd predict myself about the same in the MAT. See you there hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tedtheshred)
    Hey I'm applying for maths at Wadham. I'd predict myself about the same in the MAT. See you there hopefully.
    Looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for 2020 physics or engineering science. currently doing my gcse's
    i hope to get the best gcse results in my borough

ReputationRep:
    The interview timetable (dates per subject) is on the Oxford website. You will hear about interviews typically late November with interviews from early to mid December depending on subject. I heard 25/11 last year but some heard a day or two earlier & some a few days later depending on college/subject.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable

Remember overall something like 70-75% of candidates get interviewed and around 1 in 3/3.5 of those interviewed get offers but it varies by subject (Medicine is FAR tougher for example). There is more information on the Oxford & subject websites - you can trust it! Good luck to everyone (especially fellow historians & those applying or pooled for interview at Catz). I hope to see many of you next year!

ReputationRep:
    Course- Engineering
    College- Mansfield
    I’ve no idea if I’ll get to interview but after losing half term to the PAT(😅😅😅) I kinda hope I do!! On the plus side I now know lots and lots of the physics for the rest of this year so...

ReputationRep:
    Course- Music
    College- St Johns
    Music doesn't have an admissions test ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gd99)
    Course: Chemistry
    College: St Hilda’s
    Thoughts: Can’t really tell how the TSA went, but hoping for an interview, as it seems over 90% of Chemistry applicants are interviewed on average...
    Hey I am applying for chemistry as well at St. Peter’s. What did you usually score in the TSA?
    Anyway I really hope I get an interview too, because knowing that 90% of the applicants get an interview I would be quiete disappointed not to get one…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matteoalbino12)
    Hey I am applying for chemistry as well at St. Peter’s. What did you usually score in the TSA?
    Anyway I really hope I get an interview too, because knowing that 90% of the applicants get an interview I would be quiete disappointed not to get one…
    I averaged anything between 60% and 80% on past papers, but as I said previously, I have no idea how the TSA went. Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _HS)
    yeah it's good to know that you have offers from elsewhere because not getting into oxford is not the end of the world. Same with me I have UCL and Warwick which I'm so happy with
    Congrats on your offer to UCL and Warwick! I applied to oxford and UCL too but I haven't got a reply from UCL yet which makes me anxious. When did you send in your application if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Course: History
    College: Christ Church
    Thoughts: Don't know how the HAT went... I enjoyed doing it though ! Hoping that the score at least gets me through to the interview

ReputationRep:
    Course: law
    College: St peter
    Thoughts: got an offer from durham (lnat uni) so I think my LNAT should be okay. Applied to Oxford just to see how far I would get in. Hoping to get an interview even thought I may not be accepted. has anybody been invited for an interview? If no, when are they roughly going to send out the offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haki45)
    Congrats on your offer to UCL and Warwick! I applied to oxford and UCL too but I haven't got a reply from UCL yet which makes me anxious. When did you send in your application if you don't mind me asking?
    i sent my application in on the 10th October and got my offer on the 30th. Try and not think about it too much I'm sure they will get back to you soon! good luck and hopefully we'll see each other at either UCL or oxford!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.