The Student Room Group

A guy way out of my league is into me?

I am an average looking girl. I have dark hair and brown eyes. I'm quite introverted and awkward so I can't really connect with people easily, at least not without alcohol. I was in a club and I noticed a guy who was absolutely astonishing, totally out of my league. I was quite intoxicated by that point, so when my best friend dared me to talk to him I did it with little discomfort. Surprisingly we hit it off and he seemed to be really interested in me despite the fact that there were other, prettier, girls than me. He invited me over to his place, but I refused. He took it well and only kissed me goodbye. My question is, why would a guy like that be into me at all? I can't stop thinking about him and i have his phone number but he hasn't texted and I'm not sure if I should text him first.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No-one is out of anyone's league, you're just (clearly) extremely insecure.

Only insecure people think that attractive people should and do only date other attractive people... plus attraction is subjective anyway, you might be an 8/10 to him

Also wtf does your hair and eye colour have to do with anything? Lol
How old are you?
Reply 3
He obviously seems to think that he's not out of your league.

Be happy that someone is into you. You can make it work, just text him first.
Reply 4
That’s the beauty of the FA Cup.

Non League teams playing premier league giants.
Reply 5
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Brown eyes are the least attractive colour.

If you have brown eyes, you are basically doomed to be single forever.

Can't tell if you're joking or not lol
Original post by merlin451
I am an average looking girl. I have dark hair and brown eyes. I'm quite introverted and awkward so I can't really connect with people easily, at least not without alcohol. I was in a club and I noticed a guy who was absolutely astonishing, totally out of my league. I was quite intoxicated by that point, so when my best friend dared me to talk to him I did it with little discomfort. Surprisingly we hit it off and he seemed to be really interested in me despite the fact that there were other, prettier, girls than me. He invited me over to his place, but I refused. He took it well and only kissed me goodbye. My question is, why would a guy like that be into me at all? I can't stop thinking about him and i have his phone number but he hasn't texted and I'm not sure if I should text him first.

Just text him. He may be worried that you don't like him (since you rejected his offer and all), but so if you do then why not text him? Can always see how it goes.

great why can't i have heterochromia
I'm a 10.

Why did you not want to go with him if you find him to be astonishing? Be srs too. You'd go with Channing Tatum right? Why why whyyyyy.
Original post by RockyDennis
I'm a 10.

I thought you said in other threads that you were ugly

attention seeking much?
Original post by Anonymous
I thought you said in other threads that you were ugly

attention seeking much?

Well I'm slightly neurotic.

i have brown eyes :cry2:
tbh most guys are out of my league

BUUTTTT, youve gotta remember, He himself chose to be with you, if he didnt like you, he wouldnt be here, be confident that hes into you!!

also text him first! we're in the 21st century, show a little confidence and do it! Guys like that
If you think he’s into you, go for it and text him! I’d be delighted if a girl who I was attracted to wanted to get in touch, and from what you’ve said it sounds like he is attracted to you. Everyone’s attracted to different types of people.
A man and a woman like each other and have the potential to have a great relationship, but some made-up social construct of "leagues" prevents this joy from ever happening. Sad world.
Really no such thing as leagues, if you like him and he likes you too just go for it.
Text him first. Don’t be so insecure about yourself, I bet your so beautiful and any guy would be lucky to go out with you
Ugh. And only a grey squirrel too. Not even one of those nice red ones!

:unimpressed:

Im sorry :cry2:
Reply 18
Original post by eden3
No-one is out of anyone's league, you're just (clearly) extremely insecure.

Only insecure people think that attractive people should and do only date other attractive people... plus attraction is subjective anyway, you might be an 8/10 to him

Also wtf does your hair and eye colour have to do with anything? Lol

I find that most men are attracted to blondd with blue eyes, I know that is a stereotype that shouldn't be supported, but you are right I am insecure, which is why it is hard for me to believe anyone would be interest in traits I posses. Thank you for the advice though!
Reply 19
Original post by RockyDennis
I'm a 10.

Why did you not want to go with him if you find him to be astonishing? Be srs too. You'd go with Channing Tatum right? Why why whyyyyy.

There is another factor... He is 26 and I am 17. And I kind of claimed I was 19, which was only my fault and I am a horrible person, but I never thought he'd give me his number and there would be any chance of seeing him again.

Quick Reply

Latest