Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taking microgynon back to back for a long time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i was just wondering has anyone taken microgynon back to back for a while say at least 6 months and what happened?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can take it back-to-back. Most people only go up to 3 packs at a time though. You might get some spotting or bleeding, because it's something that does need to happen so you can't stop your period for a really long time. I take Rigevidon and have taken 2 packs back-to-back while on holiday to stop my period and I was protected from pregnancy and didn't get my period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amysweetpea)
    Hi, i was just wondering has anyone taken microgynon back to back for a while say at least 6 months and what happened?
    It is best to build up on the amount if you want to take it continuously. So go for 2 packs first, then go for 3 if you were fine with running 2 together. Just because otherwise it's a lot more likely that you will feel unwell and may get spotting. Most people tend to go for 3 packs then a break if they're running packs together.

Technically there's nothing wrong with doing so as the bleeding you get on the pill is withdrawal bleeding from the withdrawal of hormones rather than your cycle. However it can increase risk of blood cloths and high blood pressure as the pills already carry the risk.

ReputationRep:
    I've been taking it for god knows how long now only having a 7 day break 4 times a year, I haven't had any problems

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.