Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive always been really tall for my age, people have always called me names like "lanky" and "BFG (big friendly giant)" which has made me feel awful about myself. I'm now 15 and I've reached 6 foot tall which makes me feel really insecure about myself, all the boys in my school are much smaller than me which doesn't help. Boys barley speak to me, no one shows interest because of my height and I think my looks. I feel so *****y about myself and how people react to my height, I don't see myself getting any shorter any time soon, I just don't like the way I am. How can I cope with these situations, I can't relate to anyone I know and ignoring people doesn't work because it always comes back and makes me so emotional. Leave a comment? Help me out?

ReputationRep:
    i like tall girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone0)
    Ive always been really tall for my age, people have always called me names like "lanky" and "BFG (big friendly giant)" which has made me feel awful about myself. I'm now 15 and I've reached 6 foot tall which makes me feel really insecure about myself, all the boys in my school are much smaller than me which doesn't help. Boys barley speak to me, no one shows interest because of my height and I think my looks. I feel so *****y about myself and how people react to my height, I don't see myself getting any shorter any time soon, I just don't like the way I am. How can I cope with these situations, I can't relate to anyone I know and ignoring people doesn't work because it always comes back and makes me so emotional. Leave a comment? Help me out?
    Yeah, get in goal.

Don't feel *****y about yourself. Some day you'll find some reasonably sized guys who will take an interest in you

I myself prefer tall girls. Makes a change from always looking downwards tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Glad im short

Nonetheless in all honesty, your not at school for long, just concentrate to the best of your ablitites on upcoming exams and ignore all the haters. Height is one aspect so is personality so is facial complexions and the list is exhaustive but you get where I am coming from. Dont worry yourself you have been made this height for a reason. Embrace it!

ReputationRep:
    Dw about it too much, highshool kids are really superficial it’s just in the nature of the environment. Once you reach 6th form and uni you will meet mentally developed people that aren’t afraid to get to know you just because of a physical difference. The thing you got to realise is that no matter your physical status you got to accept it and learn to love it because if you don’t come to peace with yourself, making connections with others is so much harder than it needs to be. You are who you are and you gotta embrace it, not everyone’s gonna like that but it is what it is. later on in life you will meet people who are a lot more open untill then, start by accepting yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only like 5'9" and I WISH I was taller. I play rugby and do athletics so it would be very useful 😂 I love being tall and i literally wear 6-8 inch heels when I go out so I'm even taller. Don't worry about boys you have the entire rest of your life to find someone, or some people, who love you. Just be you and be confident about it! Height is awesome, it makes you unique and people appreciate that even if other 15 year olds don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    In a few years time you'll be more at ease with your height and come to appreciate it. Tall girls are very striking and tall guys will make a beeline to you.

ReputationRep:
    Being tall is even better than being short. As a guy, I’d want someone with long legs

ReputationRep:
    Wait for your years' males to grow more.

ReputationRep:
    My grandmother was 6"0, and she found the love of her life in my 5"7 grandfather. Moreover, a dear friend from my Rugby team is 6"0+. She just got married 2 weeks ago and is now in Mexico honeymooning in Cancun! Her husband is just a little bit taller than her, and they run a business together!

When we grow up, some of us have things that make us stick out like sore thumbs. I know that I did! I was the size 18-20 for all of my high-school years. I stuck out like a very sore thumb. Buuuuttt, I owned it (not saying that it was a good way to be... and it was totally controllable and changeable and unhealthy, but this is besides the point)- the principle remains- I didn't let my very obvious difference stop me. I became head girl of my school and got the highest GCSE grades, and today I'm an engineer, with many offers for dates (and still quite overweight).

The fact is, many of us have things that make us 'untraditional' and are what other people might call 'unnattractive', but you've got to own it, because it's yours. How can you change it? You can't, so you might as well love it and love it good! Own it girl!

ReputationRep:
    It would be a problem if your partner needs to use a step ladder to kiss you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    It would be a problem if your partner needs to use a step ladder to kiss you.
    Not being funny, but I dont think thats feasible unless your a plumber. (No offence to anyone by the ways.)

ReputationRep:
    Find a boyfriend that's taller than you and spend a lot of time with him. The optical illusion will kick in and people will stop referring to you as tall before long.

ReputationRep:
    As you grow older so will your peers and they will have grown out of calling you such names.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about height, a tonne of guys really like tall girls

ReputationRep:
    I go to an all girls school and I am 185cm (6ft1inches)- I feel you...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.