Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiii I was looking for a discussion like this but I couldn’t find one🤷🏽*♀️
    So I wanna hear from ppl who’ve applied to study English lit next year at UCL.
    When did you guys send in your UCAS, if you have? Have you heard back?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offer fortunately. I submitted my ucas form 4 weeks ago and heard back just last week.

ReputationRep:
    Submitted application just over five weeks ago. Received an invite to interview last week. Very nervous!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcelly123)
    Submitted application just over five weeks ago. Received an invite to interview last week. Very nervous!!!
    Omg congrats!! Hope your interview goes well. Keep me updated and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anannawoddwu)
    I've received an offer fortunately. I submitted my ucas form 4 weeks ago and heard back just last week.
    wow congrats!! Did you have an interview already? And is UCL your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anizaxo)
    wow congrats!! Did you have an interview already? And is UCL your firm?
    I received an offer without an interview somehow, and in the likely event I don't get Oxford I'd be happy to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anannawoddwu)
    I received an offer without an interview somehow, and in the likely event I don't get Oxford I'd be happy to go there.
    holy crap that’s so good. Well done! What are your predicteds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anizaxo)
    holy crap that’s so good. Well done! What are your predicteds?

Thanks haha, A*A*A* so I suppose that was important.

ReputationRep:
    I sent in my application on October 14th, and a bit ago I got an email asking me to answer some supplementary questions (like listing the books I've read for school i the last two years, the ones I've read outside of school and asking me to write a couple of commentaries), did anybody else get questions like these? I haven't heard back from them or anything yet; I sent in my responses on the 19th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also predicted three A*s however I was called to interview. I just received an email letting me know that my English BA application was unsuccessful (I think the exam went badly) but that they strongly recommend that I apply for their comparative literature BA... not what i was hoping for but I guess its better than a complete rejection. Anyway I have an Oxford interview on Monday so perhaps that will lead somewhere. Has anyone else had this response for English?

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview that really didn't go very well... and I'm currently on a gap year having achieved 3 A*s. Not heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview that really didn't go very well... and I'm currently on a gap year having achieved 3 A*s. Not heard anything yet.
    Hey! I'm on a Gap Year also!
    Can I ask when you had your interview? (Mine went awfully too 🙃)

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer today! (38 points in the IB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Art.Sibande)
    Hey! I'm on a Gap Year also!
    Can I ask when you had your interview? (Mine went awfully too 🙃)
    I think it was on the 23rd of November? How did you find the writing part after?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was on the 23rd of November? How did you find the writing part after?
    I thought I made some interesting comments but at the same time I think I missed some basic points that they could easily put down to me not understanding the poem. I don't think we would have had the same poem though since mine was on the 29th. How did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Art.Sibande)
    I thought I made some interesting comments but at the same time I think I missed some basic points that they could easily put down to me not understanding the poem. I don't think we would have had the same poem though since mine was on the 29th. How did it go for you?
    I had an extract from a book so not the same I think it was alright, just got a bit thrown when I went in and they just wanted you to write about anything.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected But they suggest I apply for Comparative Lit so may do that

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am on a Gap Year as well and I thought I really screwed up my interview but I was given an unconditional offer yesterday so don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I applied back in October and haven't heard back yet. I have a predicted 44/45 in IB with 7777 at HL, but I admit my personal statement was kinda rushed and not my best piece of work (not bad, but not great either). Do you guys think this will hurt my chances of getting in significantly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maravan)
    Hi guys, I applied back in October and haven't heard back yet. I have a predicted 44/45 in IB with 7777 at HL, but I admit my personal statement was kinda rushed and not my best piece of work (not bad, but not great either). Do you guys think this will hurt my chances of getting in significantly?
    are you taking 4 HLs? and if your recommendations are good + your predicted grades, the statement shouldn't hurt your application, but it is a make or break sometimes

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.