Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do u deal with heart break Watch

my friend needs to do something to stop being miserable over a girl who left him, I'm trying to get ideas

ReputationRep:
    I usually cry until I fall asleep and then wake up and repeat

ReputationRep:
    I can't it basically ends my life with sadness.

ReputationRep:
    I get someone else
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Food.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I focus on myself. Thanks to one of my ex's now I'm built like an Adonis.

ReputationRep:
    leg press 200kg

ReputationRep:
    I imagine a tiger who protects me from all the bad thoughts. It's weird; but imagine the sadness being fought off by the best things about yourself and who you want to be. It doesn't help completely but it stops the worst bits for me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    my friend needs to do something to stop being miserable over a girl who left him, I'm trying to get ideas
    Play games, watch movies, watch series.

Anything that forces you to think on what you're watching/playing is less time thinking about whatever causes pain thus he'll end up being less miserable. Play some online games with him.

ReputationRep:
    Binge watch Friends 👍
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by _princessxox)
    I usually cry until I fall asleep and then wake up and repeat
    😂 that's a lot of crying

(Original post by RockyDennis)
    I can't it basically ends my life with sadness.
    That's real sad

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    I get someone else
    (Original post by UWS)
    Food.
    I like these responses 😂

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I focus on myself. Thanks to one of my ex's now I'm built like an Adonis.
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    leg press 200kg
    How could I encourage him to go to the gym instead of being shut in his room all day

(Original post by Ecds)
    I imagine a tiger who protects me from all the bad thoughts. It's weird; but imagine the sadness being fought off by the best things about yourself and who you want to be. It doesn't help completely but it stops the worst bits for me
    Awh x

(Original post by Cuddly Lizard)
    Play games, watch movies, watch series.

Anything that forces you to think on what you're watching/playing is less time thinking about whatever causes pain thus he'll end up being less miserable. Play some online games with him.
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    Binge watch Friends 👍
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Watch the Hodgetwins

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Watch the Hodgetwins
    Thanks
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How could I encourage him to go to the gym instead of being shut in his room all day
    You can't. It comes from within.

You can't. It comes from within.
    He used to go to the gym A LOT I'm talking 30 ish hours a week. His then girlfriend put a stop to it, she wanted more time for dates, and he's not as built as he was before. Now she's broken up with him as she doesn't feel as attracted to him (he's at least a 8 and she's a 7 at most) I want him to get back into fitness so she regrets leaving him, if I bought him new gym clothes & stuff like that could it possibly motivate him ?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He used to go to the gym A LOT I'm talking 30 ish hours a week. His then girlfriend put a stop to it, she wanted more time for dates, and he's not as built as he was before. Now she's broken up with him as she doesn't feel as attracted to him (he's at least a 8 and she's a 7 at most) I want him to get back into fitness so she regrets leaving him, if I bought him new gym clothes & stuff like that could it possibly motivate him ?
    Sounds like he is an easily manipulated person. If a girl tried stopped me from working out she would be out of my life in seconds:laugh: I think you can motivate him. Maybe try to go to the gym with him, ask him for help with machines,etc idk. It ultimately comes down to him and what his life goals and priorities are.

Sounds like he is an easily manipulated person. If a girl tried stopped me from working out she would be out of my life in seconds:laugh: I think you can motivate him. Maybe try to go to the gym with him, ask him for help with machines,etc idk. It ultimately comes down to him and what his life goals and priorities are.
    Thanks that actually sounds like a good idea/starting point

ReputationRep:
    30 hours a week? so he went for 4 hours 7 days a week? :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.