The Student Room Group

Graduate LLB from BPP - How to do the NY Bar exam?

Hello!

I have completed the GDL from BPP, and completed an additional 60 credits to obtain the Graduate LLB from BPP.

I'm curious as to what I'd need to do now if I wanted to do the NY Bar exam. I'm quite sure the GDL and Graduate LLB (less than three years) are not sufficient.

Would completing an LLM from an ABA-approved U.S. university be enough?

I've looked at the NY Bar Exam website for foreign legal education http://www.nybarexam.org/Foreign/ForeignLegalEducation.htm and was thinking about completing the online foreign evaluation to be sure, but I'm not sure if the rules 520.6(b)(1) or (2) apply to me, or what all of the requested documents are (only the transcript and degree certificate are clear to me).

I'd be grateful if anyone is able to clarify this information for me!

Many thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lawfulllama
Hello!

I have completed the GDL from BPP, and completed an additional 60 credits to obtain the Graduate LLB from BPP.

I'm curious as to what I'd need to do now if I wanted to do the NY Bar exam. I'm quite sure the GDL and Graduate LLB (less than three years) are not sufficient.

I've looked at the NY Bar Exam website for foreign legal education http://www.nybarexam.org/Foreign/ForeignLegalEducation.htm and was thinking about completing the online foreign evaluation to be sure, but I'm not sure if the rules 520.6(b)(1) or (2) apply to me, or what all of the requested documents are (only the transcript and degree certificate is clear to me).

Many thanks

Contact them, but I would expect it to be insufficient as well. Its not a real LLB just a marketing exercise. I would put money on the fact is it will not be acceptable and would be refused (as it should be). The last time I looked it was a full three year law degree.
Reply 2
Hey,I’m looking to do the graduate LLB too. I was wondering if you can upload your certificate to this forum as I wanted to see what a typical graduate LLB certificate looked like from BPP. I have asked them to give me an example, but they told me they don’t have one! Thanks.
Reply 3
Hello!

I've looked at the NY Bar Exam website for foreign legal education http://www.nybarexam.org/Foreign/ForeignLegalEducation.htm and was thinking about completing the online foreign evaluation to be sure, but I'm not sure if the rules 520.6(b)(1) or (2) apply to me, or what all of the requested documents are (only the transcript and degree certificate are clear to me).

Many thanks

Hi,
I am thinking about doing the graduate LLB with BPP and just wanted to see an example of the BPP certificate. Does it say ‘Graduate LLB (Hons) or LLB (hons). Does it say BPP Law School or BPP University ? Thanks.
Hello!

Many thanks

Hi!
im thinking to complete the Graduate LLB as well, just wondering if my GDL got average 50marks then the research and company law got 70marks, will the LLB final scroe get up to 60marks?

just curious whether it can higher up the overall score.

Quick Reply